Episode 6: Hunting Palismen

Start from the beginning

"These little ones have not had homes in many years. They want to feel a connection. Kneel and state your deepest wish, and your like- minded partner will find you." The Bat Queen explained.

Bosha complained that she wanted her own Palismen and not a hand me down one. Willow decided to go first; her wish was to be strong and wise to protect the people she loved, and to crush anyone that gets in her way. Her wish was tender but tenacious, she got a bee palismen named Clover. Everyone looked impressed except for Bosha, she shoved Willow out of the way and stated her wish which was to play professional Grudgby. Her palismen was a crab named Maya who loved a competitive spirit.

Viney went next and her wish was to open her own clinic for mythical pets, she was given a little manticore palismen. Gus went after; his wish was to become an ambassador to the human realm and meet the giraffes, his palismen was a blue chameleon. Gus gestured to Varian to go next. He was nervous but he kneeled down and stated his wish, his wish was to become a great alchemist just like Demanitus and to make his father proud. The Bat Queen thought his wish was perfect for Sapphire, a blue bird that became his palismen.

When it was Luz's turn, she stated that her wish was to be a witch but none of the palismen were convinced. Luz thought it was because she was a human that it was taking longer for her. "Palismen bond through emotion. I do not sense any conviction from you." The Bat Queen spoke.

Luz felt a little unsure about that, she wanted to be a witch so she could get home to her mom in the human realm. But she didn't think that far ahead about if she would still be a witch in the human realm. Luz was panicking about what to do, Eda asked if she was ok but Luz just backed away. Everyone else got their palismen partner except for Luz. When she and Varian returned to the Owl House late at night, Luz locked herself in her room feeling a little down. Varian felt bad for Luz, and he went over to talk to her.

"I've stayed here to learn magic, right? I want to be a witch like Eda and Azura! But what does that even mean?! And I've read stories like this. The main character always has to return home. And, what, did I expect to be a witch back in Connecticut?" Luz ranted to the echo mouse.

Varian walked in at that moment "Maybe you'll get a palismen someday. But in the meantime, we can share." Varian suggested.

Eda overheard Luz and Varian, so she and King got an idea and they snuck away. Something started moving in Luz's bag, it was the same red cardinal palismen from before. Luz thought the little guy was here for her, but it ignored her. Luz picked up the little guy then her witch's cloak and told Varian that she was going to return the palismen to its nest. Varian offered to come with her, but Luz stated that she'll be quick. But she was gone for about an hour and Varian started to worry about her. So, he took his palismen and flew all the way to Hexside.

When he got to Hexside, he saw a ship stealing the palismen nest. He flew closer to the nest door and found Luz inside the nest, asleep. "Seriously, Luz?" Varian asked, groaning.

He snuck to the top of the ship and the person piloting the ship was none other than the Golden Guard. Varian rolled his eyes then he pulled out a fire glyph from his satchel and he got an idea. Varian snuck up from behind the Golden Guard and then slapped the glyph onto his back. Before the Golden Guard could say anything, the fire glyph activated and rocketed the guard off the ship. He was very proud of his trick. Varian started looking for a way to land the ship then he saw a cord above his head then pulled it. The ship slowly started to land.

"That was surprisingly easy." Varian said.

Suddenly, Varian was picked up by a red light and flung away from the controls and tied up. He saw the Golden Guard reappear onto the ship. "Good to see you too, human." The Golden Guard spoke.