The Sacrifice: Part 4

Klaus leads us through the woods. We come to a clearing, and I finally recognize where we are.

This is where I was sacrificed.

"Yes, it looks familiar, doesn't it?" Klaus whispers in my ear. I gulp then we see Ariana waiting for us. We're separated into rings of fire like the last sacrifice, except the werewolf, Sophie, Katherine, Ricky and Evie surround me and I'm in the middle.

Go figure.

"Shall we, my lovelies?" Sophie wakes up and Ricky rolls his eyes. "Is it just me, or did you get hotter?"

"Please kill her first."

"Aw, don't be like that."

"Can that be my dying wish?" Klaus laughs.

"She is quite annoying." Sophie scowls at him then turns her attention back on Ricky. Klaus pulls out a chalice and the bowl of blood. "This chalice is the last thing that touched her lips."

"Pour the blood in there." He does as Ariana instructs and she takes it then as she begins the spell, a flame ignites.

"Bring me the werewolf. The child is already dead." Klaus walks down to her. "Ready love?" The fire disappears and true fear begins in Sophie's eyes. She backs away. "No..." He jerks her up and drags her to the alter. I suddenly see Damon and Stefan. "Leave." I mouth. He shakes his head. Klaus grins. "I didn't think you two were on the guest list." He turns. "Are you here to save your doppelgängers?"

"No. We came to say the goodbye that Elena and Katherine decided not to say to us." I avoid his eyes and I can see Katherine doing the same. Klaus laughs. "Then you can stay for the show." He grabs Sophie and slits her throat then holds her over the alter. He drips her blood down into the fire until every drop of her blood is gone. He then walks over to Ricky. "Hello young Salvatore. Don't you look just like your father."

"You can go to hell." The ring disappears. "Shall we?" He yanks him up, drags him toward the alter, then shoves him to his knees. "You've been quite a menace, boy. Stealing Evelyn from me, almost killing Sophie and the baby. I will take much pleasure in killing you." Katherine cries out as Klaus shoves his hand in Ricky's chest. Stefan has a pained expression on his face, then Katherine screams and curls into the fetal position as Klaus takes his hand out, and Stefan falls to his knees. I see Damon begin to shout as Klaus walks toward our daughter. Tears begin to fall down my face. Evie, with a cry of outrage, pins him to the ground. Klaus has her pinned in a millisecond.

"I HATE YOU!!! YOU'RE THE MOST AWFUL THING THAT EVER WALKED THIS EARTH!!!" She begins crying harder then Klaus grabs my daughter by her beautiful raven black hair and drags her to the alter. "YOU BASTARD!!! YOU EVIL MENACE!!! KILL ME NOW OR I WILL KILL YOU!!!" He sticks his hand in her chest. "I'm sorry, Evie."

"NO!!!" Damon cries out. I scream at the top of my lungs as he removes his hand. I keep screaming. Then I become hoarse and I can't scream anymore. It's just Katherine and I now.

"See you on the flip side, Elena." Katherine says as she stands up. She walks to the alter. There is so much pain in her eyes. I'm sure there's more in mine. I watch as Stefan screams 'no' a dozen times over. Klaus kills her with a smile on his face. I can't stand this anymore. I curl up and close my eyes. Then I hear the flames go out.

"No. Elena! ELENA!!!!" I look at him and he breathes heavily. He flashes toward us and Klaus stabs him in the back with a stake and breaks off a piece. "Elena. Look at me." I look at him then at Stefan. He watches us, his eyes full of pain and panic. Then I look back at the man in front of me, the man I love.

"I love you, Damon." He shakes his head.

"Don't say goodbye to me." He shakes his head, his blue eyes burning and full of tears. "What do you want me to say?"

"Anything but goodbye." Klaus moves my hair away from my neck. "Goodbye, Elena Gilbert. It's been fun." I keep my eyes on my husband.

"Take my ring off after. Keep it safe for me." He nods then I feel a knife in my back. Klaus jerks it upwards and it pierces my heart. I can tell it's wooden, because I begin to plunge into darkness.

The last thing I see are his beautiful crystal blue eyes.

DAMON

I watch in agony as she's ripped away from me. Klaus drops her to the ground like she doesn't matter. Stefan flashes toward me and rips the wood out of my back. I crawl toward her and I take her hand in mine. There's still color in her face. I brush her curls out of her face and I stroke her cheek.

"Elena, baby please come back to me. Please, please." I look at my daughter then I cry into the crook of Elena's neck. "I can't get through this without you. I'm so lost, Elena." I can't help but think about it.

~Flashback~

I lay in the middle of the road. Katherine has to be in that tomb. And I'm going to get her out.

"I know Bonnie. You're right, you and my mom both are, I just can't bring myself to tell him. At least not tonight." I look at the girl talking and my eyes widen. "I'll call you later." I flash toward her as she hangs up the phone.

"Katherine." She looks behind her then back at me. "Umm... No. I'm Elena." I nod. Get it straight, Salvatore! Katherine's in the tomb!

"I'm sorry. It's just... You really remind me of someone. I'm Damon."

"Not to be rude or anything, Damon, but it's a little creepy that you're out here in the middle of nowhere?"

"You're one to talk. You're out here all by yourself."

"It's Mystic Falls, nothing bad ever happens here." I nod, entranced by her captivating voice and beauty just like I was 148 years ago by Katherine. We fall into an awkward silence.

"Got into a fight with my boyfriend." She breaks it, proving to be the braver one. "About what? May I ask." She shrugs a shoulder. "Life, future, he's got it all mapped out."

"And you don't want it?" She shrugs both this time.

"I don't know what I want."

"That's not true. You want what everybody wants."

"What? A mysterious stranger who has all the answers?" I laugh a little. "Let's just say I've been around a long time. I've learned a few things."

"So Damon. Tell me. What is it that I want?" I begin to walk toward her. "You want a love that consumes you. You want passion; an adventure... And even a little danger."

"So, what do you want?" I hesitate, then I hear a honk. She turns. "That's my parents." I flash toward her and make direct eye contact. "I want you to get everything you're looking for. But for right now I want you to forget that this happened. Can't have people knowing I'm in town yet." I scan her, a small smile playing on my lips. "Goodnight, Elena." I flash away from the mysterious girl... Who is so different from Katherine, but so much better in different ways.

~End of Flashback~

I let the memory fill me and consume me whole. Suddenly Elena's eyes open. "Elena." She looks around then stands up. I stand with her. Klaus looks at us curiously."

"Elena," She smirks.

"No." She looks around then looks back at me.

"I am Tatia."