Memories

I hear a groan and Damon stands.

"Where's Elena?"

"I can't tell you that. Just trust me. Please?"

"Okay. Fine." I look him directly in the eye.

"When you hear the names Elena Gilbert and Katherine Pierce, they will mean nothing to you. You'll forget that Elena is the mother of your children. Their mother died after Sam was born. Ricky and Farah's mother passed in the same way, in a fire. But my compulsion will wear off in exactly 9 months," I look at my watch to see 12:03, "28 days, 23 hours and 57 minutes. Do you understand?"

"I understand." He replies.

ELIJAH

I finish compelling Stefan, then I move onto the children. "Evelyn! Samuel! Ricky! Farah!" They all come down the stairs, Damon and Elena's kids pouting. "Elijah, it's Evie and Sam. Not Evelyn and Samuel."

"Alright. But we need to talk. One at a time. Farah, come here sweetheart." She runs into my arms and I go into a separate room.

"You'll forget your mother. I'd you hear the name Katherine Pierce it will mean nothing to you. Your mother died when you were a baby. My compulsion will wear off in exactly 9 months, 28 days, 23 hours, and 37 minutes. Do you understand?"

"Yes, I understand." I do the same with the rest of the children, by that point Damon and Rebekah have walked in. I send the children upstairs and Damon walks after them.

"Did you..." She gulps. "We have to do something. Stop his heart. Elijah, Katherine and Elena have become dear friends to me. I can't let them die."

"I don't know what else to do, Rebekah. It was their choice, they decided to go off on their mission. We have to let Klaus win this round and then we'll get them back. All of them. Elena, Evie, Ricky, and Katherine."

"Okay. Fine. But Katherine and Elena's plan to compel away the memories is harsh. Damon loves her more than life."

"I know that. But you know that Damon and Stefan would have made rash decisions to stop Klaus, well our plan involves us not stopping Klaus. We will not let Tatia win and that is what I am here for because Klaus never got it through his head that she was manipulating us both," I explain to my sister. She nods.

"That bitch is going to get what she deserves."

"Yes, she is. We have to make everyone forget, now. Katerina's instructions were clear. Nobody can go after them."

ELENA

It keeps raining as we approach the manor. We're soaked as Katherine knocks on the door. I see the person I hate the most as he answers. "Elena, Katerina. How nice of you to drop by."

"We know." He raises an eyebrow. "Please, come in my lovely doppelgängers." We walk inside, taking off our coats.

"So. Tell me. "What is it that you know?"

"That I'm the reincarnation of Tatia and that you have to use both of us in the ritual. Also that you have to use both Evie and Ricky" He grins.

"Very intuitive, Elena. You know, it gives me no pleasure that it'll be your body." I grimace.

"Klaus. We're willing to die. We won't run. And when the time comes," Kath pauses and tears come to her eyes, "we'll get Ricky and Evie. Just don't hurt Damon and Stefan. We're begging you." He sighs. "My beautiful Tatia back and you two willing to be sacrificial lambs, finally, for the lives of your Salvatore boys? Seems fair." We nod. "Okay. Then do what you have to." He smiles.

"You two are not prisoners. You're my guests. Treat yourself to whatever you like." We both head upstairs and I start crying. Kath hugs me.

"I'm so scared." She hugs me tighter then nods. "Me too." We situate ourselves in a couple of rooms. I start exploring the house. Soon I find myself in the room where Klaus was draining me of all my blood.

~Flashback~

My chair is thrown back as Stefan pins Klaus against the wall. I feel a sharp pain as the back of my head hits the edge of the table behind me. I close my eyes until I feel gentle arms around me. I look up and I see the beautiful icy blue eyes staring down at me. "Are you okay?" I nod and he helps me up but I stumble. He bites his wrist. "Drink." He presses his wrist to my mouth. "Are you alright?" Some color starts rushing into my face as he pulls me closer to him. He carries me out of the house and to his car. "I'm getting you home."

"What about-"

"They'll be fine, Elena. I'm taking care of you right now." I nod then we head to my house. As soon as I see it, Damon's on the other side of the car and lifting me up. I clutch onto his shirt, then we're in my room. I feel the covers under me. Something heavier than sleep overwhelms me. Then fear creeps in, and I know I'm about to die.

"Damon..."

"What is it?" He sits on the side of my bed. "I want you to know something." He nods. "I was going to choose you." His eyes meet mine, and he looks like a child in trouble. "Elena... What do you mean, was?" I shudder then my breaths become short and choppy. "I love you." I whisper. Then I feel myself go limp and everything goes dark.

Wait... What is that? I see a light as my eyelids slowly open. I sit up and I look around the room. I see Damon sitting on the edge of my bed." I see a blood bag on the side table. "Hey you." I take a couple deep breaths. "I was... I was dead. How am I..."

"Alive? I gave you my blood, remember?"

"Wait... I'm not alive... Am I dead?" He makes me look at him. "It's going to be fine. Everything will be fine." He strokes my cheeks then grabs the blood bag.

"It's not that bad. In fact, it's amazing. I'll tell you everything... But you have to complete the transition." I look into his eyes, the ones that can tell if I'm lying or if I'm sad, happy, or angry. Right now they're pleading with me, begging me to stay. I take it out of his hands and I open it. I take a small sip and I feel the overwhelming power consume me. I feel the veins poke out from under my eyes. I drain it in 3 seconds flat. Then there's one thing I want more than the blood. I use my newly found vampire capabilities and he's underneath me and I'm straddling his waist. "What are you-" I silence him with a scorching kiss. He responds immediately and my shirt is ripped off. His hands migrate to the clasp of my bra, then Damon flips us around and pulls the covers over our heads.

~End of Flashback~

As the memory of last night fills me and consumes me, I crawl into bed, knowing that for the next few months, I will not feel the warmth of his skin against mine, I will not see his smile or his crystal blue eyes, and I will not hear his voice as he tells me he loves me- I will hear none of it.