The Sacrifice: Part 1

My eyelids flutter open. Where am I? I start looking around. I see a door and I open it, leading to another room. "Mom? Dad?" They both come out from a different room. "Hey sweetie. How are you feeling?"

"I feel like I've been sleeping. What's going on, where are we?"

"We're in Mystic Falls. It's April 9th, baby."

"M-Mom... What's going on." Dad takes her hand and runs his hand through his raven hair. "Klaus won, sweetheart. He won this round."

"Mommy, I don't want to die... This can't be happening!"

"I'm sorry baby. But there's nothing we can do." She hugs me and I look up at her. "Mom, what about Christian?"

"He's here, honey. We get one day of normality before tomorrow night." She pulls away and wipes a tear away. "You can say goodbye." I shake my head. "Mom, I love him... I can't say goodbye."

"I know. But you have to." I nod and she guides me down the hall a ways to room 206. Christian sits on the bed. He stands and my parents close the door. "Hey you." I run into his arms and he hugs me then kisses my head. "Christian..." He shakes his head. "Don't. Just... Don't." I look up at him. "What should I say?"

"Not goodbye. Don't say goodbye to me."

"That's what this is."

"No. I'm not loosing you."

"Christian, Klaus won this round. All you can do is try to get me back. Okay?" He nods then I reach up and kiss him. "Let's see if we can go on our last date. Knowing Klaus he'll put hybrids on us." He laughs then takes my hand. "I love you so much Evie."

"Shh... That sounds too much like goodbye." He nods then we head out the door. By the elevator is Klaus. "We want to go out."

"Sure thing, love. Darren, James." Two hybrids follow us into the elevator and out into the town square. "Can you two not follow us into the store?" Christian asks. "Fine." We head into a jewelry store. "What are you doing?"

"It's our 2 year anniversary. We started dating the day before your birthday." I smile at the memory. I was turning 14, and my birthday present from him was my first kiss. We've only had 1 fight and that was when I told him I was a vampire. Then he asked me to turn me, and everything seemed to fall into place.

We enter the store and he leads me over to some bracelets. "Pick one you like. I'll be right back." He walks over to a different place and I look at the bracelets. There's one with a solid silver heart. He comes back after about 15 minutes and smiles at me. "I just had to talk to a man about a pretty girl." I lean against the counter as a small smile crawls across my face. "Hm. Who would that pretty girl be?"

"I don't know if you know her. Her name is Evie Salvatore, she's the most beautiful woman in the world."

"Her name sounds familiar, but I might have to see her face." He leans into my ear.

"Then look in a mirror." He whispers. I giggle then he leans down and kisses me.

"Christian... I want tonight to be... Special."

"What are you saying?" My eyes meet his and his mouth opens slightly. "Are you sure?" He whispers. I nod and he nods too. He clears his throat. "Pick one." I turn and I point to the charm bracelet with the one solid heart. He nods then kisses me gently. He whispers something to the guy and he nods. We head out of the store and the hybrids follow us to the grill where we get some lunch. "Now I want you to get the best dress you can find."

"You're pampering me, aren't you?"

"Maybe. Is that a bad thing?"

"Yes." He kisses me and then I buy a black chiffon dress that goes down to my knees. We both head back to the motel to get ready. I see Christian talking to my Dad, and he nods about something, grinning. He whispers something in Mom's ear and she walks over to me with a huge smile on her face and her eyes filled with tears. "What's going on?"

"Let's get you ready." I raise an eyebrow then she helps me into my dress. Christian comes in and smiles at me when I'm ready. "You look beautiful, Evie."

"Thank you." He holds out his arm. "Shall we?" I take it. "We shall." We drive down the street to the old Italian bistro. "This is where we had our first date." I whisper sadly. "Yeah." He pulls me inside. "Except this time I got rose petals and candles and I may have rented us the back room." I laugh and we head back there. "It's beautiful, Christian."

"Yes, it is." He pulls out my seat for me and I sit down. He follows suit. "Your father has allowed us to have some wine tonight."

"How did you manage to do that?"

"Oh, I have my ways." He takes something out of his pocket and hands it to me. I open it to see the bracelet from this morning. He places it on me. I see an engraving on the heart.

I love you, Evie Salvatore.

I smile then we get some wine and some food. "So what was your favorite memory in life?" He asks me.

"When I was 6, we went to the zoo for my birthday. It wasn't like anything I had ever seen. Then we saw the cheetahs and my parents leaned down and told me that my mom was pregnant and that I'd have a little brother or sister soon. That's why cheetahs are my favorite animal." He smiles. "Now, no offense to your family or your memories, but I think I can top it."

"Doubtful." He then gets down on one knee. My hand flies over my mouth. "Oh my god."

"Evie, I've never met another woman like you. You saved me from myself. I want to become some of your favorite memories. I've never loved anyone else more than you. I'll love you for all of eternity. So. Will you do me the extraordinary honor of becoming my wife someday?"

"Yes!!!" We both stand up and he wraps his arms around me. "I love you so much, Christian."

"I love you too Evie. So, so much." He kisses me slowly and softly, like a man is supposed to kiss a woman. "C'mon. We still have one more thing to do tonight." His eyes become primal and he pulls me up. We head back to the motel room and locks the door. He kisses me, and it's like I've never been kissed before. His skin touched mine and I feel as if I'm falling in love with him all over again.

But I am.

Everyday he's with me, I fall in love with him.

He unzips my dress and we both fall back on the bed. "I love you, Christian."

"I love you too Evie. Forever." At that point, there is no more separating us, not sacrifices, not hybrids, and not clothing.

For that, I am eternally grateful.