I Feel Sick

It's been 3 weeks.

3 long, awful weeks.

That's how long he's been gone. Damon and Klaus skipped town, and even though Tyler and Jeremy are trying to track him, there's been no success.

Meredith told me that I'm 4 weeks along now. It's hard to be excited about the baby when Damon's not here.

This morning, I pull myself out of bed and over to the closet. Today I have to get up, because it's my high school graduation. But I'm not sure how long they can distract me, or I can distract myself until I break- sometimes the pain is overwhelming, but there are days like today when I feel like I could get through this.

"Elena! Come on, we have to get over to Bonnie's!" I grab my white lace dress then I walk downstairs. My stomach churns at the smell of bacon. She turns with a bag in her hand. "I made you some breakfast." I shake my head then I flash to the nearest bathroom. I feel gentle hands pulling my hair back as I throw up everything that was in my stomach. "Morning sickness." After I'm done, I lean my head back against the wall. Rebekah rubs my shoulder as Caroline stands worried in the doorway. "Are you okay?" I nod a little, then I stand and brush my teeth.

We head over to the school after getting ready and my phone beeps.

Blocked ID: Meet me under the bleachers.

Cautiously, I follow the instructions. When I get there, I see Klaus. "Hello Elena."

"What do you want?"

"I want to congratulate you on your impending graduation. I have a gift." He steps aside and reveals Damon. I keep my place while digging my fingernails into my palm, trying to withhold tears. Then his eyes fill with love and longing. "Damon?" I say quietly, the tears threatening to spill over. He walks toward me and takes my face in his hands, crushing his lips to mine. After we pull away, I cry into his shirt. "There is a catch." I look up at Klaus then back at Damon, who's now looking away from me. "What catch?" I ask him. His eyes glaze over and a tear slips down his cheek. "In 8 hours, I'll loose my memory of you and my humanity all over again. And if I go anywhere near Rebekah or anyone who can compel me back to normal, I have to kill you." I close my eyes and my posture slouches. I look over and Klaus is gone. Damon takes my face in his hands. "It's okay. Elena. I will not kill you. I'd die first. But how are you doing?" I take a deep breath. "Damon... There's something I-"

"Elena! Com-" Caroline stops mid sentence and freezes in her tracks when she sees Damon. "He's back. Not forever... But long enough." She nods then I turn back to him. "Come on. I don't want you to miss your high school graduation." I smile at him a little. I don't think I'll be able to tell him that I'm with his child. Our child. I don't know how he'd react. Plus, isn't it easier to drop a baby bomb when there's a baby? Right? Yes? No?

I get in line 2 spaces from Caroline. Damon squeezes my hand then takes a seat with Jeremy, Rebekah and Ric. I take a deep breath then we start the ceremony. Caroline starts off, since she's the valedictorian. She takes her diploma then goes back to her seat. I wait patiently until I finally hear it. "Elena Gilbert." I take a deep breath again then I head up on the stage. "Though going through a tragedy, Elena Gilbert stayed with her academics. Would you like to say anything quickly?" I look at Damon. "I honestly wouldn't have gotten through it if it weren't for my boyfriend, Damon Salvatore. He's probably the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I love him more than anything." The crowd gushes and Damon starts walking toward the stage. I meet him halfway and I jump on him, wrapping my legs around his waist. He kisses me gently and everyone cheers around us. I take my diploma, then I sit down.

After graduation, we go back to the Boarding House to celebrate. I go up to the bedroom to put my cap and gown away. "Nice speech." I hear from the doorway. "Nice adorable moment." I reply. He stays in the doorway and I turn to face him. "How much longer do we have?" He wraps his arms around my waist gently as I step out of my heels. "About 6 hours." I lean my head against his chest. "This isn't fair. I've been going through hell. I can't be without you, Damon." He pulls my head back. "C'mon. I want to be with our friends." I nod and he takes my hand. Everyone waits at the base of the stairs. He pulls me over to the fireplace. I notice that Caroline is smiling like a fool and so is Bonnie. They hang onto each other.

(Listen to All of the Stars by Ed Sheeran during this part. I am not responsible for any crying or feels while reading this.)

"I remember that this was where I kissed you for the first time. It's been almost a year since then. Elena, I love you. You're the one. That's what that little blood bond shows. When you and I met, I was a monster. I didn't care about anything that didn't affect me. Then you came into the picture. You with your beautiful brown hair and your gorgeous eyes, and your kindness... You never gave up on me. I gave you every reason to. I mean, I killed your brother after trying to kiss you. I hurt the people you loved because I didn't want to feel that pain." My chest aches. I was so cruel to him back then. "But you didn't let me. You pushed me to care, to be the person I was 147 years ago. You just told me that you can't be without me... So maybe you don't have to." He slips his hand under my hair and caresses my jaw slightly, a smile carved into his beautiful face.

He then removes a hand I didn't know was in his pocket. My breath catches in my throat as he gets down on one knee and reveals a diamond ring, carved into the shape of a heart. Tears coat my face as he looks up at me, his beautiful blue orbs sparkling. "If you'd wait for me," he takes my hand. "Will you marry me?" A sob escapes my lips as I nod. "Yes!" He smiles then gets up and pulls me into a rough kiss, his lips forcing mine apart. After we pull away, he slips the ring on my left hand. The silver band is also coated with diamonds, making my finger sparkle. He kisses me again then I'm rushed by Caroline and Bonnie. They squeal and crush me in a hug. "Let us see!!!" They shriek. I hold out my finger and Damon snakes his arms around my waist. He kisses me on the cheek gently.

DAMON

After kicking everyone out, I head upstairs. Elena and I have 4 hours left together until I forget her all over again. I don't remember anything from forgetting her except for an unbearable pain from the blood bond screaming at me.

I walk into the room and Elena is in a bath. I lean against the doorframe and she smiles at me. "Where'd you get it?" She asks, admiring the ring on her finger.

"Ric and Jeremy helped me pick it out." She stares at it, and seems lost in thought for a moment. "Hmm..." I sit on the edge of the tub. "What is it?" She looks up at me. "We should elope. Grab a couple witnesses then head down to the church. I have my father's wedding band, and you probably have a thousand heirlooms. Let's do this tonight, Damon. I don't want to waste another minute." I look at her for a second before grinning. "Get some clothes on. I'll call our friends." She smiles and I walk out of the bathroom. All I have to do is fix my tie, then I'm ready. I call Caroline, Bonnie, Tyler, Jeremy, Ric, Meredith and Matt. They'll all meet us at the church.

Elena comes downstairs with a box in a white dress that flows down a bit past her knees. "Ready?" She asks me. I respond by kissing her gently. "I've never been more ready."