Christmas in Mystic Falls

Everyone ready for a chapter full of fun, feels and frantic frenzies of flubdub? (By this point I don't know what the bleep I'm saying). I'm really excited about this chapter, I had a fun time writing it. Enjoy!!!

I sit up, stretch and yawn. I pull my blankets away and I feel some cold air. I roll my eyes then grab a red long sleeved dress and a pair of black leggings. I head downstairs and I see Katherine and Stefan by the fire, smiling. "Morning, Elena." Kath says. I smile at her a little. "Merry Christmas Eve." I reply. I head into town to finish up some Christmas shopping. I walk around the town square where it's decked with Christmas fling. I get a set of herbs for Bonnie, both for cooking and spells. Jeremy gets a new console, and Alaric gets a new set of historic maps that were created by the Spaniards.

After I'm all done Christmas shopping, I buy some ingredients so that I can start baking.

The rest of the day passes by in a flash, and every moment is filled with his face. Then the door opens.

"Knock knock." I drop a bowl and I walk out into the living room. He stands there in all his glory.

"Klaus decided to let me come home for Christmas." His eyes flick over to Katherine then to me. "Who are you again?"

"Elena. Um, excuse me for a moment." I walk back in the kitchen and finish stirring the cookie batter. "Elena." Katherine stands behind me. "What the hell am I going to do, Kath? I mean, he doesn't even remember that he's the father of my child! I can't..."

"Elena, calm down." I take a few deep breaths and I try to get calm. I continue making food and I put it all in the refrigerator when I'm done. There's a knock from the doorway. "Hi." I tuck a piece of my hair behind my ear. I start loading the dishwasher. "Here, let me get that."

"No, I can-"

"Elena-"

"Damon don't-"

"I insist." I let him take the pot from my hands. He helps me clean the kitchen in silence. When everything is clean, he sighs. "Alright. I'm just going to come out an say it. Stefan told me." I inhale and exhale before responding, "told you what?" He walks up to me and places his hand on my baby bump.

"He told me that you're pregnant and that it's my daughter." He replies. I head for the door.

"Elena-"

"Just please leave me alone, Damon." He nods and I head out to the living room. I dial Klaus.

"Hello, love."

"I need you to come and compel him. Stefan dropped the baby bomb on him and I don't want him hanging around longer than he has to." I whisper.

"Will do." He hangs up and I go back into the kitchen. Klaus enters shortly after. "What are you-" Damon starts, but Klaus locks eyes with him. "You'll forget about your child. You will not question the child so long as I say. Do you understand?"

"I understand." He replies, his beautiful voice monotone. I walk upstairs and Klaus follows me. "I can give him back to you for one day." I shake my head.

"I can't go back and forth. We'll stick with when Evie is six." He nods. A tear slips down my face and I stare out the window. I remember last Christmas, when Stefan was still gone and I had just become a vampire.

Mystic Falls, One Year Ago

I walk into the boarding house at around 7:00.

"Damon?" His head pops out from around the corner of the Christmas tree. "Hey."

"Hi." He walks over to me and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into a gentle hug. I wrap my arms around his neck and we stay that way for a moment. "Merry Christmas." He murmurs. I smile at him, and I glance up. Mistletoe?