"I thought I would take her along, take her to her sister, she would smile, grin like last time and it would alleviate my worry but she... I hate her. I hate him. I hate everyone."

I was shocked to hear Mr Layne's voice. My heart felt heavy to hear his words, not realizing my words hexed him negatively. I was stiff and didn't dare to move as Lucien replied to him.

"We were and we are prisoners. We both seek redemption in our own way and your method has turned you into a selfish man but you were never ruthless, I am. Not you." He said softly, trying to reassure him. At least he knew he was.

"Exactly, I am not ruthless!" He argued, slamming his hand down on the counter.

"I am tired, Lucien. Exhausted. There's a storm in my heart. I want to run away, from everything, from life. What is the point of this empty life? Can I end it? Please?"

My eyes widened when I heard it, shivering, my throat dried. Anything but please don't say those words.

'I am tired, Lesley. Exhausted. There's a storm in my heart. I want to run away, from everything, from life. What is the point of this empty life? Can I end it? Please?'

Those exact same words.

"Don't be ridiculous, Roy. Don't do anything stupid." Lucien scolded him, taken aback at his desire.

He was heartbroken. Utterly immersed in agony that I could feel his pain without even being aware of it. Our pain was similar at one moment; different yet the same feeling of despair and pain.

'Urgh! Stop thinking like that! Let him suffer!'

I grit my teeth and turned to look at them to make him stop that blabbering of his before it shatters my patience.

"Mr Layne." I called him coldly.

Lucien looked at me flabbergasted but Mr Layne laughed when he looked at me and then glared at me slamming his hand on the counter,

"You still have the guts to show me your face after humiliating me!" Mr Layne spatted, fuming with rage.

I looked at him devoid of emotions and replied, "You are looking pathetic."

"It doesn't concern you! Get out of my sight. I am insensitive to you then why do you care huh?" He growled, losing his breath, seeing me increased those sensations.

I shrugged my shoulders, "Fine."

I was about to turn but he held my hand. My heart skipped a beat, I looked at him, signaling him to leave my hand but he held it in a firm grip. Unwillingly intoxicated, I stared deeply into his eyes with confusion.

"No, Wait." He said, drunken and unaware of his senses. I raised an eyebrow and looked at Lucien who seemed very amused.

Mr Layne turned to Lucien and said cockily, "I. Will. Win." He declared. Not being able to understand his words, I pulled my hand back.

"Don't make me a plaything. I am not a reward." I hissed, I was perplexed, but I was pretty sure it must be something haunting.

Lucien laughed and shook his head, "We will see. Ignore him for now. By the way, Garnet." Lucien said, looking dangerously at me.

I stilled, my heart began to beat fast in dread. A shiver went down my spine as I straightened up and looked at him timidly.

"Take him home, I have some work." Lucien asked sweetly.

"Why would I?"

"Because I said so." He said nonchalantly, taking a sip of his drink.

I nibbled on my bottom lips nervously and looked away, "I can't." I whispered. He stood up from his place.

Mr Layne groaned and hid his face in his arms while leaning his head on the counter.

"All of you hurt me. I hate y'all." Mr Layne whispered. I narrowed my eyes and felt intense compassion, my heart constricted.

It hurt me, even if I didn't care but I do; I didn't want him to be hurt and not just him, anyone.

I opened my mouth to say something for his consolation but Lucien put his hands in the vicinity to trap me as I squeaked and convulsed, "Please."

Held captive by his dark gaze preying upon me. I held the hem of my dress and looked at him scared.

"My Beloved Garnet, take him unless... "

He moved closer. I shuddered when I felt his hot breath, giving me endless terror.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and was about to whisper but he put his index finger over my lips shushing me.

"..You want me to repeat my words?" He asked in a menacing voice.

My breath caught up in my throat, leaving me vulnerable. I hate him, I fucking resent him.

"Please.. Don't." I pleaded in a low tone.

"Then do as I say." He ordered, holding my chin and making me look at him, staring deeply into my eyes.

That man was the true definition of ruthlessness.

"I came here in a taxi, I don't know how to drive. I have to be home before midnight. I don't know where Mr Layne lives. "I said quickly, trying to reason.

He smirked and replied, "I'll text you the address, now be a good girl and go. If you want to reach your home before midnight."

I trembled when I heard it. I frantically nodded that he might not leak even a single secret. I gulped, shaking violently in fright.

Blackmailing is one of the truest forms of horror.

He pulled away and called Mr Layne who seemed lifeless. He didn't even flinch. Lucien texted me the address and left, leaving me alone with him.