The Happiest Season Of All

Depuis le début

During our third Christmas at home, the Christmas that Jennie finally seemed to stop fighting and accept that everything would be okay, that no one was going to leave her, that we all loved her unconditionally, I decided to convince her to sneak out again, just like our first date.

"Jisoo, you are not serious?" Jennie said when I asked. The first time we were in this bedroom she was younger, her hair was longer, her eyes were cautious. Her hair was shorter now. She cut it to her shoulders because she liked that it was easier to manage. There was no trace of hesitation behind those eyes now.

"Yes I am! Come on! It'll be like our first date."

"Surely you can just tell everyone we want to be alone?"

"Are you kidding me? You know them. You think they'll let us?"

"If I ask, yes."

"No, we have to go through the window."

"No."

"Babe, don't be like this!"

"Don't babe me."

"For me? This is the last time I will ever ask you to sneak out the window."

"Are we climbing down the tree again?"

"How else are we supposed to get down?"

"If you want to touch my butt you can just do it up here."

"Jennie! Please?"

Jennie groaned, but I could see she was breaking. "You promise it's the last time?"

"I promise! If you go out the window with me this one last time I'll never ask again."

Jennie sighed. "Fine."

We pulled on our coats and beanies and I pulled the window open and hopped out. I turned and offered her my hands. I guided her out the window and wrapped my arms around her waist and shoulder. Jennie made to go to the tree, but I directed her toward the frong of the house. I felt like my heart was going to explode it was pounding so fast. I'm surprised Jennie couldn't feel my hands shake.

"I just want to show you something really quick."

Jennie looked at me curiously.

I took her hand and with my other on the small of her back, guided her to edge of the roof. I pointed down below, to our snow covered yard. Jennie followed my gloved finger.

Will you marry me? was written in Christmas lights on the snow.

Jennie's mouth popped open and when she looked back me, I had a ring in my hand, the diamond glimmering and dancing with the colors of all the lights. Tears sprang to her eyes and she nodded her head. I carefully pulled off her glove and slid the ring on her finger. Jennie grabbed my face and pulled me in for a kiss. I covered her ring-hand in my own, a surge of happiness rushing through me.

My nieces were in the window screaming.

"Did she say yes?!"

"What did she say?"

We broke our kiss and laughed. Our entire family was in my room, looking through the window. Jennie held up her hand, the diamond glimmering on her finger. Every shouted and cheered and Taehyung, always prepared, popped a bottle of champagne and my nieces blew into noise makers reserved for New Year's Eve and popped off little confetti poppers.

I kissed Jennie's temple and whispered in her ear, "I don't know what you were so afraid of. The plan was always to marry you."

"Was it now?" she asked.

"I may have underplayed how attracted I was to you at first."

Jennie pulled me close. My family filed down the living room to give us privacy and let us enjoy this moment, despite my nieces protests that they wanted to join us on the roof.

"Give them privacy girls," Irene said and ushered them from the room.

We stood together in the snow, enjoying the freezing air, looking down at the lights.

"How mad do you think Soojoo is going to be?" Jennie asked.

"Soojoo? We're going to talk about Soojoo right now?"

"Isn't she the reason we're together in the first place?"

I considered this a moment. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Huh. Should I invite her to the wedding? Maybe she can be the officiant." We laughed together. "I'll have to subtly drop the hint that that we're engaged then. Maybe I can ask her to plan a party."

"Or you can show her this."

I looked down and Jennie was holding a small box with a diamond ring inside. It was my turn to be shocked.

"Holy shit."

Jennie slid the ring on my finger and admired it on my hand.

"I think it's perfect," she said.

"I think you're perfect."

Jennie blushed.

"I'm so glad I asked you to be my fake girlfriend," I said.

"Merry Christmas, baby."

"Merry Christmas."

The End

****
My girls finally got their happy ending 😭🫶🏼

I hope y'all loved this story and if you did so pls vote for each and every chapter so that it can reach to other Jensoo lovers too😊💖

Just wanna request you one thing if you have time though it'll not take much of your time lol, so pls go to the original story 'The Christmas Party " written by © Southern_Casual and vote all the chapters there too, the original and amazing author deserves the love and support for writing this beautiful and comforting story 💫💜

Thank y'all 🫶🏼❤️