Chapter 14 - Bruce Wayne

Start from the beginning

Sam was a little preoccupied with being kidnapped and tortured and then nearly dying and nearly losing Jason. Her not noticing is excusable but that doesn't stop her from feeling guilty about it. Gar was still hurt and she should have noticed. Gar would have noticed if the roles were reversed.

"You were kidnapped and then dropped from a skyscraper. I think not knowing is acceptable." Gar chuckles.

"Yeah, that's true." Sam shrugs a shoulder. "Still, I'm sorry." She scrunches her nose. "So, whatever you need, let me know and I will get the thing." Sam declares, her voice confident.

"You're not gonna budge on that, are you?"

"Nope." Sam lets out a laugh.

Their conversation gets interrupted by an alert coming from the intercom system. The two of them look at each other with confused expressions before getting up to see who's at the door. Everyone they know is already at the tower, besides Dick, he left out of nowhere, but he doesn't need the intercom system to come up.

When Gar hits the button for the video and sound feeds on the intercom, they see a woman with strawberry blonde hair looking a little panicked.

"My name is Eve Watson and I'm looking for someone who I think might be here." She says, voice panicky and rushed.

Gar looks to Sam who shrugs her shoulders.

"Maybe you should go get Kory." Gar whispers and Sam nods before running off to get Kory.

Someone showing up, in general, seems a little weird. Sam has been at the tower for three months and no one besides Uber Eats drivers ever show up at the tower. But, somehow this random woman knew they had weird flying guy? That seems a little off.

Sam finds Kory in the room with the mystery guy, talking with him while he's still unconscious.

"Uh...Kory?"

"Hmm?" Kory looks over to Sam. "What's going on?"

"There's some woman here?" Sam questions. "Gar is talking to her through the intercom. She says her name is Eve Watson and she thinks she's looking for someone here." Sam looks from Kory to the mystery guy before looking back to Kory.

"Okay." Kory nods carefully as she gets up. "Let's go then."

"Is there someone named Conner there?" Sam and Kory hear Eve say through the intercom just as they approach.

Kory and Sam make their way back down the hall and back to Gar.

"Let her up." Kory says and Gar takes a second look at Kory, almost to be unsure about it but he does as told.

The woman comes up through the elevator, Gar, Sam, and Kory waiting for her to come up. When she does, she has a white dog with pointy ears walking beside her. It's in that moment, Sam trusts her.

Sam has always wanted a dog but her mom would never let her get one. They're a big responsibility and they didn't have a lot of money. With her mom being a vet, it always seemed strange they didn't have a pet. Sam understood the reasoning but it did not stop her from asking every birthday for a dog. But, now, there is a dog right in front of her and she hasn't been able to pet a dog since she was uprooted from Gotham. This is the best thing that's happened in two weeks.

"She has a dog." Sam whispers to Gar.

Gar chuckles softly. "She said the dog lead her here?"

"Oh, so a smart dog." Sam smiles almost visibility vibrating next to him.

"Are you okay?"

"Love dogs."

"You think we have Conner?" Kory asks.