Chapter 10 - Ghosts

When Dick comes back to the tower, Rose is still with him. The teens are collectively surprised until they find out it's because there was a bomb in the jeep that almost killed the two of them. That's a fair reason to have a second thought about staying at the tower. But, that brings up the perfect opportunity for Sam, Gar, and Jason to tell Dick about Deathstroke being Rose's dad. Dick didn't have a reaction Sam could read well but asked to see what they found, completely choosing to ignore how they found out. That's a discussion for another time.

In the comms lab, all of the teens and Dick gather around the computer where everything about Rose and Deathstroke is still pulled up for Dick to see.

"That's Rose's father?" Rachel asks.

"Yep. The one and only Deathstroke." Jason's voice has hints of amazement, the smallest of grins pulling at the left corner of his mouth. Of course, Jason would find it fascinating.

"Is that somebody you know?" Rachel asks, turning to look at Dick.

"Kind of, old Titans business." Dick says, keeping a straight face and Sam raises her brows. Yeah, old Titans business as in he killed one of them.

"Check it," Gar brings up another screen. "Former Delta Force Commando part of hive." Gar says, the last part almost sounding like a question. "Select soldiers who underwent a series of experimental bio-enhancements." Gar pauses for a second. "Huh, out of the thirty-five trial subjects, the only one to survive was Slade Wilson." Gar pauses for another second reading the screen. "Interpol says he retired years ago after the death of his son, Jericho. I-I tried having the computer find something--"

"I'll take it from here." Dick cuts Gar off, walking over to him and exiting out of the screens with Rose and Slade.

All of the teens watch him with suspension but before anyone can question him, the security alarm goes off. Dick pulls up the screen to the front door where three people are standing.

"So, I guess you changed the code." The woman with dark hair says.

"Finally." Rachel says, a large smile on display as she sounds relieved.

"Who's here?" Sam asks, looking around the room, not able to see onto the smaller monitor in front of Dick.

"You'll love them." Rachel beams, walking over to her and grabbing her hand to pull her along. "Donna, Dawn, and Hank." Rachel starts as the girls walk down the hallway, the two boys right behind them. "Donna is Wondergirl." Rachel starts.

"Sorry, what now? Wondergirl like THE Wondergirl?" Sam's voice raises, excitement flooding her tone.

"Yep! Dawn, the one with white hair, she's Dove and Hank is Hawk." Rachel explains.

"The original Titans, okay." Sam nods her head and she is so excited.

The original Titans, that's awesome, actually one of the coolest things that's ever happened. They're real superheroes and it's Wondergirl. One of the coolest heroes ever. And to top it off, that means they're gaining two more women in the tower which is always a plus. Rachel and the boys, including Jason, actually seem really excited to see them which is all a good sign to Sam.

"You guys have no clue how much this place misses you." Rachel says as she greets Dawn.

Dawn embraces her in a hug. "This place, huh?"

"Mostly just me." Rachel says.

"And me, too." Gar says before he gets his own hug from Dawn, Sam staying back and observing. It is weird that this is like a thing. They're all...friends.

"Hey, you're new." Hank says from the back, looking behind Gar to Sam.

Sam nods. "I am." She steps forward awkwardly, Gar gesturing a hand out to introduce her.