70/In the summer.

Start from the beginning

"Hero, Jo?" he questions.

"Hi." I say and Jean comes out of nowhere from the kitchen as she puts some pasta and chicken out on the dining table.

"Oh shit." she says.

"What?" Hero questions.

"I thought you were in London.." she says. "You told me you couldn't come."

"Well I'm here." he scoffs and runs his hand through his hair.

"I didn't want them to be here at the same time, I thought we agreed!" My father whisper yells at Jean when we could clearly hear him.

She is wearing a black dress, it's very fitting. Jean has a great body and damn she does not look like she birthed three kids.

"What's going on?" I ask looking between them.

She claps her hands together, "Just wanted to have a dinner-" Jean begins.

"What the hell." Mercy says coming down the stairs and I look at her.

"Back together? Again?!" she yells.

"Mercy-" Jean begins and Mercy just nods and goes silent. Why does she still care so much? It's been like four months.

I look at Hero and he looks at my father. "Why is he here?" Hero spits.

"I get it, you don't like me and hell I don't even like you, just be kind for once, can you?" My father says and Hero laughs.

"Fuck you." Hero spits.

"Hero.." I say grabbing his hand and my father holds his hands up. "I want no drama, all peace."

"Fuck you and your peace, you think I'm not good for your daughter when I am better towards her than you are." he says.

"You will never be good enough for my daughter, look at her and look at you? Well look at who she used to be." My father sighs.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Hero questions.

"Hero!" Jean yells correcting his language.

"She has amazing grades, she is kind, smart and passionate and has dreams! I don't want you to get in the way of her having a future." My father adds.

"I'm not. We have barely been together the past four months and I'm changing for her, she's perfect and I would never mess anything up for her." Hero spits.

"I-" I begin.

"You. You will never be enough for her, you are horrible for her and I will try everything in my being to prevent you being with her." My father nods and I look at him disgusted, you act like this but when you could of been in my life you ruined it. Plus, he cheated on my mother, and he lied to me. Why would I like him?

"Seriously?" I question.

"Jo-" my father begins.

"Stop it, now. If you called us here just to give us a pep talk of how we shouldn't be together then we're leaving." I begin and he starts talking again immediately.

"No, he just isn't good for you." he nods. "He's a horrible person." my father adds.

"Agreed." Mercy pops in as she's sitting on the couch and Hero looks at her. "Oh fuck you." he says and she points both her middle fingers up at him.

"Stephen, you don't know me. You know nothing about me, you've only seen and heard me talk to you. You don't know shit." Hero says.

"But, what I can say is I know you, and I know you're a shitty fucking father." Hero adds and I just sigh.