𝙷𝚘𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚕

Start from the beginning

You and Sidney raced into the hospital, and were promptly informed which room Randy was in.  You were also told that he was awake, but you needed to take things slow with him.

You and Sidney quickly entered his room, and Randy was just laying on the hospital bed.  There were three in the room, but he was the only patient in there.  It was disheartening, seeing him staring blankly at the wall, majority of his body that wasn't under the scratchy blanket covered in wraps, bandages, and casts.  All of the wires and machines that he was hooked up to was somewhat horrifying.

"Hey Randy," Sid greeted.

"Hi," you said quietly.

"See (y/n), I told you," Randy began softly.  "It was a mistake losing my virginity."

"Wait a second, you're... you're a man now," Sidney mockingly questioned.  "To who?!"

"Sarah Kolchak," Randy muttered shamefully.

"Spooky Sarah," Sidney interrogated.

"She's very nice, okay?"

"Was it worth it," you questioned.

"Honestly... no.  Not at all."

"What happened," Sidney asked.

"We were working late restocking the porno section, and-"

"I meant about getting attacked," Sid quickly interrupted.

"And I still don't want to know about your sex life," you added.

"Well, I was with Dewey and Gale, when someone kept calling Gale's phone.  She was ignoring it, so I got annoyed and answered," Randy explained.  "It was the killer.  They could see us, so Dewey and Gale ran off to find them."

"Is there a chance you figured out why the two are always together," Sidney asked.  "They're becoming the new Scooby Gang."

"Oh.  They're soulmates.  They found out back in Woodsboro, but they just... don't seem right together.  It's almost always an argument," Randy answered.

"Did you tell Deputy Riley about Stu," you questioned.

"No.  But, my doomed fate has revealed that it wasn't any of the original killers," Randy stated as matter-of-factly as he could with his quiet, scratchy voice.  "It wasn't Creepshow Billy, and Stu was following you."

"At least you can't deny our involvement," Sidney muttered.  "And Stu's been following you?  You said you talked to him at the party, but stalking?"

"Yep.  Followed (y/n) to class, gave them a very creepy call last night... also, you're stuck on your own tonight," Randy told you.

"Why was the call creepy," Sidney asked hesitantly.

"He said he's been watching me," you replied.

"Jesus," she mumbled.

"Look, either way, the copycat's looking to kill the main cast," Randy said.  "We need to be careful.  Right now, I'm vulnerable.  I'd never be able to get away.  (y/n)'s got at least one shadow following them around, and Sid's got a bad track record with boyfriends.  We need to tread carefully."

"I assume this is the point where you tell us the rules," Sidney suggested.

"Yes, yes it is.  The way I see it: someone's trying to make a sequel.  You know, cash in on all the movie murder hoopla."

"Wait, do sequels have different rules," you questioned.

The heart rate monitor spiked a little as Randy looked at you, bewildered.

"Of course!  Have you never seen a horror franchise," he asked as loudly as possible with his damaged throat.

"No?  I don't really watch bloody stuff."

"Well, yes, the rules are very different.  But the original rules always carry over.  New rule number one: the body count is always bigger.  Number two: the death scenes are always much more elaborate.  More blood, more gore, carnage candy.  Your core audience just expects it."

"If there's a higher body count and the core cast dies, how are you alive," Sidney pointed out.

"My guess?  Pure, dumb luck," Randy responded.  "And number three: if you want your sequel to become a franchise, never ever kill the final girl."

"The final girl," Sidney asked.

"Not you too," Randy groaned.  "I know you like horror.  I expected more from you Sid, I really did.  The final girl is the person who the killer saves for last, and the one who gets away in the end.  One small problem: (y/n) looks like the most 'final girl' material in our situation, but they just got lucky with the soulmate thing."

"What's that supposed to mean," Sidney interrogated.

"Billy and Stu weren't going to leave any survivors.  They took it easy on (y/n) for reasons stated, and that was their downfall.  But we don't know if the copycat plans on saving (y/n) for last, which means they might not make it to the final girl circuit.  And if they can't get to or complete the circuit... we're all fucked," Randy said.