"Okay, like I told Annabeth on the phone, something bad is going to happen by tonight. Some kind of trap. We've got to get an audience with Zeus and convince him to defend the city. Remember, we can't take no for an answer."

Chiron shook Percy's hand. "You'll do well, Percy. Just remember your strengths and beware your weaknesses."

And his words seemed eerily close to what Achilles had told him, but then again, Chiron had taught Achilles. And all Percy could do was nod and try to give him a confident smile before he addressed the campers again.

"Let's go."

******************************************************************

A security guard was sitting behind the desk in the lobby, reading a big black book with a flower on the cover. He glanced up as they all filed in with their weapons and armour. "School group? We're about to close up."

"No," Percy said. "Six-hundredth floor."

He gave them a one-over. "There is no six-hundredth floor, kid." He said it like it was a required line he didn't believe. "Move along."

Percy held out his arm to stop Cressida from taking a step forward before she could even move as he leaned across the desk. "Forty demigods attract an awful lot of monsters. You really want us hanging out in your lobby?"

He took a second too long to consider it.

"Or do I have to let my friend convince you?" he threatened as Cressida let her eyes flame for effect.

He then hit a buzzer and the security gate swung open. "Make it quick."

"You don't want us going through the metal detectors," Percy added.

"Um, no," he agreed. "Elevator on the right. I guess you know the way."

Percy tossed him a golden drachma and they marched through.

They went up the elevator in two groups, Percy, Cressida, Annabeth and Pollux in the first group as Cressida mouthed the words to the elevator son 'Stayin' Alive.'

Olympus still took Percy's breath away, no matter how many times he'd seen it as they disembarked the elevator.

It looked as majestic as ever, but something seemed wrong. Then he realized the mountain was silent – no music, no voices, no laughter. It was almost like it was abandoned.

Annabeth then studied him. "You look ... different," she decided. "Where exactly did you go?"

The elevator doors opened again, and the second group of half-bloods joined them.

"Tell you later," Percy said as he surprised Cressida by taking her hand and pulling her along with him. "Come on."

The two girls exchanged looks as she was pulled after him.

What is he doing?

I don't know!

"Jackson!" Pollux thundered as he saw the contact. "Hands off my sister!"

Annabeth was the one that held him back. "Just leave them be. This might be the last time they're together if we fail."

Pollux seemed to soften at that before the anger in his eyes returned. "Still my sister. Still not letting it happen."

And he chased after them.

******************************************************************

They made their way across the sky bridge into the streets of Olympus. The shops were closed. The parks were empty. A couple of muses sat on a bench strumming flaming lyres, but their hearts didn't seem to be into it. A lone Cyclops swept the street with an uprooted oak tree. A minor godling spotted them from a balcony and ducked inside, closing his shutters.