the alcott (ii)

Taylor silently blinked at the writer, it's not the first time she have this conversation before, it still pained her how her dream continue make her suffer finding someone, who would put up with all of the down side of her fame.

Lana closed her eyes tightly, "there's a lot to talk about, Taylor." Lana sighed and turn of the stove. She pour significant amount of water until her noodles drowning and closed the paper lid, keeping the heat inside.

"I know." Taylor whispers, she rest her back on the counter across from the brunette, she put her hands over her chest with her head hung low.

Lana mimick Taylor's pose as she stand on the other end, "i don't want to be a secret. I love my privacy but also don't wanna sneak in to my own house."

"Can you give me that?" The writer continue, Taylor lift her head to the writer and frowned, she shake her head.

"I can't control what people does. I can't make them stop camping on my own property. But i can control how to keep the relationship going." Taylor said sadly, she doesn't have reign of her own fame as people liked to butt in her life and make it seems like she was this manipulative calculated woman.

Lana put her thumb and pointed finger on the bridge of her nose, she massages it lightly, "how long you dated him?" She ask softly, she also take Taylor's feelings into consideration as she crossed the boundaries earlier.

"Four years,"

Lana nods held her breath as she said the next line, "i dated my ex for seven years. When i was seventeen and ended when i was twenty five. We still went back and forth for another year and an half. It's almost three years and i haven't date anyone ever since. Somehow i still have feelings for her. Does you?"

Taylor stunned at the question, the man surely held half of her heart on the palm of his hands, the blonde knew that.

"He will always have that part of me." Taylor said firmly, Lana nodded, she knew that. She wanted to hear it from Taylor's mouth.

Lana pick up her noodles and went to the drawer to get a fork, she lift her eyes to meet the blonde, "can we dance around it?" The writer close the drawer and walk around the singer.

She cursed on her head when she forgot the first thing she went looking for, and distracted by the blonde's presence. She huffed and drag vacant chair and sat down beside Bryce.

"I forgot the glass." Lana said pointing at the wine bottle near her brother's feet. Bryce snickered at her, Lana open the lid and blow the noodles, she stir it with the fork.

Taylor who heard the writer went back to the kitchen, she took one of the wine glass hanging on the cupboard. She walk out the sliding door and to the writer's side.

She held the glass by its stem, "here," the singer said, Lana has the noodles hanging on her mouth as she slurps the noodles to her mouth.

"Thanks," she said after swallowed her food, Bryce shake his head at the sister, their eyes following Taylor's movement as she sat down near Jack, across from them.

"Don't be too harsh on her. The fact she asked us first should be a sign she was really pinned over you." Bryce said under his breath, he talking with wine glass covering his mouth, preventing the blonde to read his lips.

Lana put the glass near the foot of her chair, then lift up her legs to rest on her other knee.

Lana shrugged, "i don't want to be rebound." She pick up her fork and put the noodles on her mouth, her brother scoffed at her.

"They broke up almost one and an half year. She has plenty of times looking for a rebound instead chasing your stubborn ass." Lana lift her eyes to the man, she frowned at him.