the alcott

Tugging the soft layered fabric to fix the mask on her face, Lana bring the tray of fresh baked goodies to the front of display box, she fixed the name tag of the pastry before scooping the steaming goods with the tongs with her left hand.

She carefully placed the food lined up as she likes it and take a step back to admire her works, she nod to herself and close the small window.

She run her eyes to the shop, she sighed when she saw only regular costumer sitting down on the table with partition each table.

It was regulation the city made as they been through a year of pandemic and a lot of small business ended up closed permanently.

Lana was the lucky one, this cafe was her free time hobby, as she has another work on the side.

But Lana loves baking, and she loves the smell of fresh brewed coffee. She loves her alone time, also she need to bake to channeling her frustration when the writers block hit on random times.

At home the food would go to waste, because she lives alone with her cat Yang. It was nickname after her favorite television character, also she is a black cat.

Lana's Yin to her Yang. They balanced each other. Lana smoothly went back to the cashier when the door's bell sounded behind her.

"Hi, welcome to Yang's. What could i get you?" If the ABC production would sue her for using Yang as her cafe names, she could use her Cat as the excuse. Lana smirked at herself when she figured her excuses two years ago when someone asked about the reason behind the neon light perched on the top of her Cafe.

"It was my cat's name," she said that day, and as she expected, they coo-ed and didn't ask more question.

"Hi, can i get two box of the pastries? Just varies them. Also two hot coffee you'd recommend," Lana lift her eyes at the costumer, she has mask and sunglasses on.

She smiled and punched the cashier machine, "one dozen or half a dozen per box?" Lana look over to the costumer waiting her to respond.

"One dozen,"

Lana nodded and pointed to the amount infront of the stranger, the woman gestured to the card on her hand, Lana punch the code in and pointed to the machine with open palm.

"You could tap in here," she said, the stranger put the card in and waited for it to beeped, Lana take the receipt and hand it to the woman.

"Gale, two box of dozen please." The man emerged from the kitchen's door with new tray of baked goods.

Lana fold the box swiftly and hand it to the man, she turn on her coffee machine and pressed few button to let the coffee grinded.

They work around each other and Gale put the two box of goodies into re-useable totebag, the man slide it to the cashier's table where the woman waiting while typing on her phone.

Lana put the drink on the holder and clasp her hand on her apron's pocket.

"Here's your order, thank you for coming!" The costumer could see the sparks behind those emerald eyes, simple gesture of the waitress makes her day brighter.

People still could see the good in bad year as it seems.

Holding the door open for the singer, Greg follow his boss to the car. Taylor has meeting talking about her pandemic album.

No one figure it out yet, but this disease really bring out people's inner thoughts from quarantining this long.

The first month it was hard for Taylor, she always moving like ocean waves, but she was held back like the rest of the world.