Chapter 38: Family Drama

Start from the beginning

After the meeting ended and everyone started to leave the gathering spot, I went up to Keisuke to greet him since I hadn't seen him the whole day and I also arrived at the Musashi Shrine with Manjiro earlier.

"Nana, I need to tell you something..." Keisuke stated in a low tone, sounding a bit sad and frustrated. "Can you come with me for a bit?"

The way Keisuke requested me while looking into my eyes, I couldn't say no to him. To me, it seemed like he was upset about something, and that thing was bothering him inside out. It looked like he wanted to share his feelings with me only and me being me, who was madly in love with him, couldn't turn down the request.

I simply nodded my head in response before we both got onto his Goki bike and drove away from the shrine spot. None of us spoke while he drove his bike and remained silent throughout the entire ride. Soon after we arrived at a convenience store that was far away from our gathering spot. Keisuke and I hopped off the bike and went inside the store where he bought some food and drink for ourselves. Later, after buying all the stuff, we came out and sat down on a bench in the quiet parking lot beside the store.

"So, what is it you wanted to talk about?" I asked, letting out a small sigh, and leaning back on the bench.

During this whole time, Keisuke was unbelievably quiet and it kind of worried me seeing his straight monotone face looking unbothered but yet carrying this pain in his eyes.

"There's something that's been eating me up..." Keisuke sighed before taking a big sip from his cola can and I stared at him with anticipation. "My Mom and Dad are getting a divorce..."

"Huh? Divorce?" I asked as my eyes immediately went wide open in shock.

"Yeah. Divorce." He confirmed it, sighing again but heavily this time. "I wanted to stop them. Unlike last time, I tried this time to save their marriage. But it didn't work out like how I expected."

Now that I think about it, also in the previous timeline, Keisuke's parents got divorced when we were busy with our conflicts with Black Dragons and Tenjiku. A lot of things were happening in our lives back then; our fight with Black Dragons and Tenjiku, Emma and Izana's unfortunate death, our conflict with Kisaki and so many other stuff.

Keisuke was so focused on gang-related activities that he didn't know what was going on at his home back then. To be fair, he actually didn't care and before he knew it, his family fell apart right in front of his own eyes. But right now, after getting a second chance in life, Keisuke promised that he would take care of this mess in this timeline. That he wouldn't let his parents get separated again.

"It was one of your resolves that you'd help your parents and protect their marriage. But here, the history is repeating again." I stated, feeling concerned and confused. "Why is this happening again? What went wrong?"

Last time, I didn't get to know exactly why his parents got separated but from what Keisuke had told me, it seemed like it was because of their long-distance relationship. While Keisuke and Ryoko were living here in Tokyo together, his dad on the other hand was living in Kyoto for his job. And he had been living there for years now.

It didn't make any sense to me. They had been in this long-distance marital relationship for years now, so why were they getting separated like this all of a sudden? If they were able to maintain this relationship before, then they could still maintain it now.

"In the past, when they got divorced, they told me it was because they couldn't handle this long-distance marriage anymore. But they actually lied to me." Keisuke stated calmly and my eyes went wide open in surprise. "Last night, I accidentally overheard my Mom's conversation with her sister when she was talking on the phone. Turns out, my Dad's having an affair with his coworker in Kyoto. Mom found out about it and now they're getting a divorce. Maybe that's why they got separated in the previous timeline as well..."