Chapter 22: His and Her Circumstances

Do you have any idea how much I love you? As long as I'm walking this Earth, I'm going to love you. You're it for me. I'm here for you. I'm here because of you. I'm here because you saw me, not just with your eyes, but with your heart. I cannot love you just a little. If that's what you want, you must find a different man. Because I can only love you entirely. With everything I am, and everything I ever will be. Body, mind, heart, soul...

~ Keisuke Baji. 

Nana's POV (February 19th, 2006) 

It was still early in the evening when Chifuyu and Takemichi arrived at Keisuke's place today to help him out with the furniture redecoration of the Baji household just because Keisuke's mom, Ryoko Baji felt like doing so. The thing was, Ryoko heavily believed in astrology, good luck charms, and stuff like that and she also believed that redecorating her whole house would bring good luck to the Baji family's life, especially in Keisuke's life to be more accurate.

"Sorry about this, guys..." Keisuke stated in his usual deep yet soft tone to Takemichi and Chifuyu who were shifting heavy furniture from one room to another. "Nana and I were supposed to help my mom redecorate our whole house. Feng Shui says it's good luck. But obviously, it's impossible for just the two of us alone, so you two are really saving us here..."

"So heavy!" Takemichi grunted out through his gritted teeth when he tried to lift a box that was filled with showpieces.

"Careful, Takemitchy!" Chifuyu called out in concern before rushing over to his friend to help him out. "That box has showpieces in it. Drop it and everything in it will break into millions of pieces."

"Thanks, Chifuyu and Takemichi..." Ryoko stated with a wide grin of gratitude on her face as she talked into the room while holding a book in her hand. "My Keisuke here is a weak boy, so he ended up troubling you two."

"Who's weak?!" Keisuke snapped, growling at his mother with furrowed eyebrows before I put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down.

"Calm down now, Keisuke. Let's not make a ruckus now." I mumbled into his ears in a gentle voice to which the said boy immediately went quiet before returning to work.

"N-No, we're fine!" Takemichi stuttered out in embarrassment with a blushing face, smiling sheepishly at Ryoko.

This was the first time Takemichi came to the Baji household and the first time seeing Keisuke's mom, so naturally, he was feeling quite flustered – after all, he didn't expect the matriarch Ryoko Baji to be so young-looking and beautiful.

"Where should we put this, Ryoko-san?" Chifuyu asked her in a polite tone before the Baji matriarch started to guide the two boys with the whole redecoration again.

"Alright! That's it then!" Ryoko stated just after the two blonde boys shifted a cupboard to a different room.

"Okay!" Chifuyu and Takemichi responded in unison, sweat dripping from their bodies from all their hard work for the past few hours.

"Chifuyu, Takemichi, apparently the living room furniture is important too, so after you're done with that please take care of it." Ryoko instructed with a smile while her eyes locked down at the pages of the book which was still in her hand.

The book in her hand happened to be one of those which tells you what's good luck for you or not and using that Ryoko had been guiding us through this entire time.

"Oh! Ah, yes!!" they replied before dashing towards the living room.

"Hey, Mom!" Keisuke called out with a frowning face as he pulled out some manga books from his mother's bookshelf. "I thought all my manga were gone. Why are they here?!"