Chapter 23: The Pain Of Losing

3rd Person's POV (February 22, 2006, back at Yokohama)

After completing his mission of taking out Emma Sano, Tetta Kisaki returned to Yokohama with Shuji Hanma and headed straight back to the Tenjiku's usual meeting spot. He then later went back to the rooftop of the high-rise building and waited there for Izana Kurokawa to return, sitting on top of a water tank.

"Kisaki..."

The said boy looked to the side to see Izana walking up to him with a calming expression.

"I've covered you up with a substitute. Your name is clear." Izana informed as he walked up to the edge of the rooftop and stood a few meters away from the glasses man, while on the other hand, Kisaki's face didn't show any reaction in response.

He then looked away from Tenjiku's Commander and after some passage of time in silence, he decided to speak up.

"I know Mikey the best..." Kisaki stated, causing Izana to look at him with intrigue. "I am certain of that. You don't necessarily need brains to stand above everyone. You need to have the looks, the influence. And for Mikey... His looks are the absolute medium to stand above everyone. He can't hang out with the rest of the current Toman lowlifes. It'll destroy his great potential. Therefore, it is necessary for me to fix this..."

"Hmph. That's selfish of you. Talk about arrogant." Izana commented in amusement, his lips curling up into a small smirk.

"So I came up with a plan to murder that eyesore Draken and for that, I used Kiyomasa who had a grudge against him. I was so close to having him killed but somebody got in my way; Takemichi Hanagaki." Kisaki stated through his gritted teeth, his eyes blazed in pure anger and frustration.

"He didn't seem like such a big deal to me." Izana shrugged, recalling the incident from today's morning where he saw Takemichi with Inui at the cemetery.

"He's the reason my plans to kill Draken fell through..." Kisaki continued. "My next idea was to form the gang Valhalla and install Mikey as the leader. The one who obstructed me then was Keisuke Baji."

"The Bloody Halloween Fatality." Izana hummed with a small smile on his face.

"That's why I used Kazutora Hanemiya and persuaded him to kill Baji. But that plan also failed and this time, it was because of Nana Osaki. She saved Baji from Kazutora and almost died, but unfortunately for me, she later somehow survived. And that was the biggest flaw in my plan. I knew Nana was hella smart, but I didn't take Baji to be the smart one as well. I underestimated their intelligence level and because of that, those two defeated me in my own game..." Kisaki revealed through his gritted teeth while his eyes were cold and deadly; rage and hunger for power flowed within him again through his nerves and veins. "But enough is enough. I'm done waiting. And that's why I'll erase anyone who stands in my way. No matter what I did, nothing could satisfy me... but watching Mikey lose what he loved felt most sublime. Yes... Using him as the medium, I will soon be reborn."

"And snuffing out Emma Sano was the finishing touch...?" Izana asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "There's just one thing I don't get. Why would you risk getting your own hands dirty? You can use other people to kill for you like it's nothing. What inspired the change?"

"Is that all you care to ask of the guy who killed your blood-related little sister?" Kisaki questioned back, giving him a skeptical look.

"Blood-related sister...?" Izana chuckled in a bitter yet mocking tone as he looked down at his feet. "In the 10 years, I spent in that institution... the only one who came to visit me was Shinichiro Sano. The only thing that filled my empty self... was his love..."