Chapter 26: His Unrequited Love

Nana's POV 

I wasn't sure for how long I had been staring at Izana's lifeless body after realizing that he was gone for good and was no longer there within us, but I was later pulled out from my daze when Manjiro's voice suddenly spoke up in a tone of authority. As much as he wanted to grieve for his brother, Manjiro prioritized the current matter at hand.

"Members of Toman and Tenjiku. Everyone listen up!" Manjiro stated. "Our dispute ends here. An ambulance and the cops will arrive shortly! Before any of us get into trouble, get out of here as soon as possible! I'll be the only person who stays! Dismiss!"

A majority of the delinquents were still in a state of shock. For a fight to end so quickly, so brutally, it was just unreal and a bit overwhelming to process.

"Stop stalling around!" Manjiro ordered again, insisting both gangs leave the place as soon as possible before it would be too late.

"Mikey!" Mucho called out as he and the rest of Tenjiku's executives step forward with melancholic expressions on their faces. "You get out of here too."

"We will stay here." Mocchi declared, speaking for all of the executives.

"You guys..." Manjiro trailed off in surprise, his eyes widened a bit.

The Tenjiku executives might be brutal and borderline murderous, but even they had morality, too.

"B-But what about Keisuke...?" I stuttered out worriedly in a frantic tone, my voice cracking in the end before looking down at Keisuke who was still laying in my arms.

Keisuke's breath was heavy, short, and quick; blood trailing down from the corner of his mouth; his whole body was now sweaty and quivery while he tried to stare up at us through his half-lidded, blurry eyes. I could tell that Keisuke was half-unconscious at this very moment but was also fighting really hard to stay awake as long as possible. That's how Keisuke Baji had always been through his entire life – stubborn, wild, reckless, stupid, and impulsive yet loyal and loving enough to jump in and take the gunshot for me in order to save my life from that dreadful Kisaki.

"We'll take care of Baji for you, Nana." A familiar masculine voice spoke up from behind me, putting a hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner and I looked over my shoulders to face the certain individual; it was Haruchiyo. "You and Mikey should leave as quickly as possible before the police arrive."

"You can leave Baji to us, sis..." Rindo spoke up as he and Ran slowly walked over to us with softened expressions on their faces. "We'll hand him over to the paramedics as soon as they arrive here."

Even though the Haitani brothers and Haruchiyo were on the enemy's side, in the end, I knew I could always have some faith in them whatever the situation was. Letting out a shaky breath, I nodded my head in response and carefully handed Keisuke's wounded body over to Haruchiyo while Ran crouched down beside Kakucho who was still holding onto Izana's cold body in his arms.

"Somehow, I've always admired you, Commander..." Ran stated in a low, hesitant voice before reaching out and closing Izana's eyes for him, showing his respect for his former leader. "Rest well, Commander. I'll hold on to it dearly, the way you lived your life..."

On the other hand, I continued to grieve in silence, thinking about the dear ones that I had lost one after another, starting from my parents to Shinichiro, then Emma, and now Izana. Although later my thoughts were interrupted by a hand that touched my shoulder and I followed my gaze to the person responsible; Manjiro. Helping me to stand up on my own two feet, Manjiro then looked over at the culprit behind all of this mess with rage and disgust.

"I will never forgive you, Kisaki." Manjiro stated in a venomous tone, causing Kisaki to visibly shiver in fright and terror.

I couldn't agree more with this statement as my resentment towards Kisaki grew even more by the minute. The worst part of all these was that Kisaki never acknowledged his killings as wrong-doings.