Chapter 20: Brotherhood, Jealousy & Betrayal

Nana's POV (February 2006)

It had been almost two days since Toman had that emergency meeting at the Musashi Shrine where Manjiro made an announcement about the possibility of Toman getting into a future conflict with Tenjiku and ever since that announcement the only thing that was always running through my mind was Izana and his former S-62 Generation gang. I even tried to reach out to my cousins, Ran and Rindo, to know why they decided to be a part of a gang all so suddenly because they weren't the types to be part of gangs and shit, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to reach them.

"Grandpa! Go wake Mikey for me!" Emma called out to Grandpa Sano who was quietly reading a newspaper at the dining table early in the morning while Emma and I were busy in the kitchen making breakfast together.

Grandpa was about to stand up from his seat and make his way toward Manjiro's bedroom before I decided to intervene.

"It's okay, Gramps." I smiled at him, patting his shoulder. "I'll go and wake Manjiro up. You take it easy there, okay?"

"Okay." Grandpa smiled back before I walked away from the scene and was on my way toward Manjiro's bedroom.

Manjiro's bedroom wasn't inside the main house anymore like how it used to be. Rather the small garage just beside the main house where Shinichiro used to work on his motorbikes back in the days had now become Manjiro's new bedroom ever since Shinichiro passed away while his old bedroom inside the main house had become a storeroom. As soon as I reached my destination and slide the door wide open, my brownish-amber eyes traveled their way toward the bed where I found Manjiro laying on top of it with his limbs spread around, looking like a starfish. The blanket he always used to cover his body and protect himself from the cold was now on the floor, long forgotten and the only thing that Manjiro held tightly in his fists in his sleepy state was his old, worn-out towel; his blonde hair looking all messy like a caveman, his mouth agape open with drool running down from the corner of his mouth.

"Still sleeps like a baby..." I sighed to myself as I quietly walked over to his side, picked up the blanket from the floor, and was about to wake him up. "Oi, Manjiro, wake up-"

Just then I heard a sound and it was Manjiro talking in his sleep.

"Ngh... Nana-chin..." Manjiro, who was still fast asleep, mumbled out in a quiet tone and I looked at him all confused, raising an eyebrow.

Did he just say my name in his sleep...? Is he dreaming about me...?

"Oi, Manjiro. Wake up." I called out again, this time louder but my effort went in vain as I heard Manjiro continue to speak in his sleep.

"Hmm, Nana-chin... You're so soft, so cute... Don't... Don't touch me there, you naughty girl... Too sensitive... so pretty... D-Don't hold back, ugh... Fuck!"

As Manjiro continued to moan and groan in his sleep, he also began to stir on his bed and shuffle around. On the other hand, I immediately went stiff on my spot after hearing those words.

Wait, he's moaning... Is he having a fucking wet dream about me?! This pervy bastard!! The audacity!!

Rage and disgust spiked up within me in no time before I reached out and slapped him hard across the face to wake him up.

"Fucking pervert!! Wake the fuck up, you bastard!!" I yelled out and this time my attempt actually worked as Manjiro immediately jolted up from his sleep and looked at me with wide eyes in shock.

"Ouch! N-Nana-chin?!" he hissed out in confusion as he frowned at me, whining and rubbing his red cheek where I slapped him, still looking all sleepy. "What the fuck was that for?! Why did you slap like that while I was still asleep?!"