Chapter 12

...

"Mhm-mh!"

Tanjiro and nezuko talk and play around in their room for the rest of the day. Tanjiro tells nezuko about his adventures, the rock he found and the frog that he also came across. It's not the most interesting of stories but it for sure is a story.

Nezuko listens carefully as her brother talks about what he did. Tanjiro is also careful but not about what one would think about. He makes sure that nothing important slips out of his mouth as he was told. He was told to keep it a secret and that is what he plans to do.

"Then someone got me these new clothes!"
Tanjiro says

He gestures at his clothes as he talks. He has a smile on his face to not say any more then that. Nezuko looks down at him and smiles.

...
(Let's pretend he has his old clothes with him in the corner)
...

They talk as the sun sets. Night comes and everyone is getting ready for bed. Nezuko lays down and quickly falls asleep. Tanjiro lays next to her and closes his eyes, he can't fall asleep.

Some where else in the butterfly mansion Shinbou continues to work on finding an antidote for Tanjiro. She works hard and test many things in her lad kind of room. Shinobou sighs, she's tired but determined to find the antidote. It's silent. She's left alone, awake in the whole mansion... Except for Tanjiro.

He stares at the ceiling, with faint eye bags under his eyes. He sits up looking over at Nezuko who is still sleeping. It's obvious that he hasn't had proper sleep when he was gone. Tanjiro stands up and stumbles over a blanket or two when leaving the room.

He makes it to the hallway and looks down it. He looks the other way and looks down it as well, he see nothing. Nothing but a few lamps light up the halls. Tanjiro turns around and slides the door close. He wobbles down the hall to his left. He looks in every room along the way.

Finally he comes across the room shinobu is in. He peeks his tiny head through the doorway and can smell that she's frustrated. Shinobu looks up and sees Tanjiro standing there. She smiles and waves him in.

"What seems to be wrong?"

"I can't sleep..."

"Ah, I see"
Shinobu says

She picks him up and looks at the time. Its midnight. Shinobu smiles softly as always and starts to rock Tanjiro. He yawns but doesn't fall asleep.

"Why are you up..?"

"No reason. Just work is all. Now, its time you go to bed"
Shinobu says

Tanjiro nods and yawns again. He lays his head on her shoulder and closes his eyes. After a few minutes Tanjiro slowly falls asleep. Shinobu chuckles to herself and stops rocking him soon after. She walk out of the room and down the hall. She stops once she makes it infront of Tanjiro's and Nezuko's door. Shinobu quietly slides the door open and walks inside.

She goes up to Nezuko and lays Tanjiro down next to her carefully. Covering the siblings with a blanket she smiles at them one last time then heads put. Not before turning on an oil lamp as a nightlight.

The two rest together...In peace...

...
In the morning
...

The sun rises and birds begin to chirp. Tanjiro twitches awake as the birds chirps become clear. He yawns and rubs his eyes upon awakening. He sits up and sees that Nezuko is still asleep. He smiles, the tiredness in his eyes none fading.

Its a new day which means its the first day of his 'job'...

...

Sorry that this is short but I wanted to give a quick update to both stories. My apologies again. ^^