Home Sweet Home

You never got to finish your jelly filled cupcake.

You just stared at it in your hand, long after Billie turned the radio off.

She never turned it back on.

Instead, she started humming a random tune before singing a song you had never heard before in your life.

Something about immortal love.

When you didn't join in, she stopped singing and glanced over at you.

You could feel her staring at you, but you were too nervous to look back at her.

Your heart was still pounding over the message on the radio you heard earlier.

"...What's wrong?" Your birth mom asked you.

".....I'm just...kinda.....full." You said, patting your stomach, as you looked away from the jelly oozing out of the inside of the strawberry cupcake.

Billie told you to roll down your window and just throw it out on the side of the highway if you were finished.

You didn't want it to slam against the windshield of a passing car and cause them to crash..... but at the same time you didn't want to be poisoned like the ladies on the radio.

"It's ok.... I'll just save the rest for later." You lied, putting the half eaten cupcake down in the empty cup holder beside you.

"Ok, I picked the first song so you get to pick the next song!" Billie said.

You just blurted out the first song that came into your mind - which happened to be Taylor Swift's "Love Story"

Billie squealed that she loved that song!

Then she said you could start it - but save the "Best part" for her to sing.

You didn't know what the best part was supposed to be, so you just sung the song a little slower, even though your heart wasn't in it, at all.

Your mind was still back in the courthouse you had just left.

Poisoned.

Those nice old ladies who stole the pink cupcakes Billie wouldn't let you have, had been poisoned.

They must have died awfully fast after you left....

You and Billie had already been driving for close to thirty minutes and you didn't feel poisoned....yet.

"- Do you not know the rest of the lyrics?" Billie suddenly asked you.

You had gone quiet - lost in your own scary thoughts.

You picked up from the last line you could remember and continued on with your half hearted performance.

You knew you weren't a very good singer.

Your fake Mom Kim once told you - you didn't have the voice for singing.

You were using the Karaoke machine at the party just like everyone else, but she only pulled you away from it in the middle of your song.

She said even though singing wasn't for you - you had the perfect face to be a reality tv star like her.

You didn't want to be a reality tv star!

You didn't even like cameras in your face!

You didn't want to be a singer either!

You were just trying to have fun at the party with your siblings.

Besides, you don't even know what you want to be when you grow up, yet.

You didn't even realize you had made it to the "best part" of the song until Billie suddenly cut you off to sing.