Episode 6: Gales of Fury! Garuda Makes Landfall

News Reporter: In more recent news, local law enforcement continues to block off the majority of Juban Shopping District due to the destruction left behind by an unidentified creature.

Y/N was currently watching a news report at Mamoru's apartment, his eyes glued to the screen of the TV. A couple days had passed since the Juggernaut's rampage, and the news was still abuzz about it. He wasn't surprised. It was the talk of the town. But there was also one other crucial part about the news that had his attention, and rightfully so.

News Reporter: Additionally, investigations as to the whereabouts of the mysterious crystal humanoid reported by eyewitnesses are still ongoing.

Mamoru: Looks like someone's getting some publicity.

Y/N would glance up at Mamoru, who had brought over two mugs of coffee while smirking softly. Although he knew it was a jest, Y/N narrowed his eyes a bit to show his disapproval. Mamoru, getting the hint, would clear his throat before handing him a mug.

Mamoru: Sorry. Just thought I'd try to lighten the mood a bit.

Y/N hums in contemplative thought before taking a sip, looking back at the TV.

Y/N: It's just hard for me to find amusement out of this mess. We have enough on our plate with Thordan. Last thing I want is for your government to start interfering with our affairs.

Mamoru sighs as he watches the TV as well, a fist on his hip. He understood where Y/N was coming from. He knew the kind of risks that could happen if people found out he was the elusive humanoid. It was no different from an enemy finding out about either Tuxedo Mask's or a Sailor Guardian's identity.

The news feed showed footage of the aftermath that was the Juban Shopping District. Numerous buildings still heavily damaged with debris littered all the way down the street.

Mamoru: Let's just hope that whatever Voidling they decide to throw at us next doesn't make such a chaotic entrance.

Y/N: Were it so easy...

He takes another sip of coffee as the broadcast comes to a close. For as much as he wished it wouldn't be the case, he would not be surprised if Thordan or Abyssos sent more Voidlings in such a destructive fashion. It was a clear sign to him that they were escalating the scale of their attacks.

It seemed now that no one was safe. And deep down, he blamed solely himself for it.

Y/N: I'm such a damn fool...for bringing my war to these people...now they suffer for my actions...

Rising up from his seat, he sets his empty mug aside before heading for the door.

Y/N: I'm going to take a walk to clear my head. I'll be back later.

Mamoru: Alright. Stay safe out there, never know when a Voidling will strike.

With a nod, Y/N heads out and takes a stroll through the city of Tokyo. He saw as people went about their business, yet he could feel the atmosphere has changed. He could see the worry on people's faces. The fears of being besieged by horrific monsters had gripped the hearts of the populace.

It all served to further put blame on himself. Even after he left the city and found himself standing alone atop a grassy hill, he couldn't shake the thoughts of blame away. Echoes of a conversation he had with Luna and Artemis was coming back to him now...

~

Luna: I'm relieved the Uranus and the other Outer Guardians arrived to help.

Y/N: As am I.

A glum look overtook the Luna's companion, the white cat sighing.

Artemis: That Voidling left behind such a mess, though...