Arriving at the gate of the new venue stated in his address, the same scanning procedure took place and I drove down the red, illuminated road to my reserved spot.

Turning the car off, I breathed slightly, wondering what the hell I was doing with my life. I had fallen in love with someone I barely even knew and that was supposed to scare any normal person.

But if critics were in my position, they'd understand. Before I could think any further, three bodyguards stood outside my car, patiently waiting for me to unlock the door. It didn't help that they were wearing dark shades to conceal any emotion.

As soon as I pressed the button and the door went up, one of them held out their large hand for me to take. I smiled, elegantly slipping out of the car. The other closed the door once I was fully out and I looked quite tiny among the huge, muscular men.

The first bodyguard held my hand to stabilise me on the heels that I had mastered over the years and bag while the other two held the end of my long dress. They all seemed to be taking me in with unspoken awe. Their pauses and slightly gaped mouths told me they were mesmerised by me.

"Who sent you?" I questioned in a sultry tone that no one ever resisted when we started walking along the red carpet.

"Boss Scar, he said we ought to treat you like a queen for the next few minutes before we take you up to the room, goddess." The one holding my hand responded, and by the cursive S tattoo against his neck and earpiece, he seemed to be the one in authority.

The moment I stepped into the club, everyone's attention landed on me but I didn't flinch for a second. My body swayed with each step and the bodyguards managed to match my pace.

People stared in awe as the main bodyguard led us through the golden doors to a dark-themed foyer illuminated by a single crystal chandelier.

He walked towards a fancy glass cubicle that sparkled and they let me through first before strategically surrounding me while the glass door slid back in place. Fuck, they all smelt so damn expensive and manly.

Instead of moving like an elevator would, the glass cubicle swerved backwards in an upward curve for a few seconds before moving smoothly yet swiftly through a set route between the trees and my heart leapt as I looked down, noticing how high up we suddenly were.

Those were the heights Scar had warned me about, and I was glad he had. We were far too high up from the ground.

I unconsciously took the bodyguard's hand and even though he didn't look at me, he gently squeezed to let me know that he'd protect me and that I was safe. I felt the other attractive bodyguard entwine his hand with my other one and when he looked down at me with a smirk, I smiled, sighing slightly.

Oh, to have a life like this everyday.

I'd pay any amount to have these personal bodyguards with me at all times.

Soon, the glass cubicle merged into a dark compartment which slowly illuminated red the closer it came. When it stopped, the glass opened and we all stepped out, and the men were reluctant to let go of my hands so we walked like that, the other carrying the end of my dress.

I nearly smiled to myself when both their hands tightened at the same time the moment my fingers loosened.

Holy fuck, I really felt like a queen for sure. I was willing to marry Scar if it meant I'd live such a dreamy life.

We moved towards the bar-like counter and one of them pulled out a stool for me. Soon, the female bartender came into view, giving me a warm smile that I easily returned.