Seth's hand found mine and embraced it tightly as if he was starting to feel emotions, he wished he wasn't, and I wondered if that great wall within him was finally starting to crumble. 

Sighing, Chaya's expression hardened as if it were ice, "My story doesn't matter but before you even think I had a perfect life I'll have you know I spent ten years in foster care, and they were anything but heaven." 

"What did the documents say?" I whisper while gently tugging on Seth's arm and completely ignoring Chaya's cold statement. 

As if sensing a threat Chaya's eyes sliced towards me and looked me up and down for what seemed to be the first time. Therefore, to no surprise her eyes lingered on my expanded abdomen with guarded eyes. 

Tsking her tongue, she mumbled, "I wasn't aware you had truly built a life for yourself, dear brother."   

"Was I supposed to just be frozen in time until leeches such as yourself finally found me, sister." For the first time since Chaya entered the manner, Seth spoke with sinister words for he was angry and that was obvious. 

Instead of answering my question he simply dumped the papers into my arms and even though I was flustered, I managed to gather them into my hands and briefly read them. 

%100 match...

My eyes flickered bewildered between Seth and Chaya for I was shocked that he had a sister and did not tell me about her but then again, he didn't even know he had a sister! The longer my eyes studied them the more similarities I found. Their light tan skin to their hair, only hers was a natural caramel brown rather as Seth's was a rich dark chocolate brown. Beyond outer similarities I could also sense she was a very stubborn and confident person who was not used to being bossed around.

Like someone else I know very well....

"And by the way I wasn't put up for adoption, I was left to die when I was only a few days old in a basket by a dumpster." Like a beast would capture prey and devour it for survival, Seth has captured anger and instead was draining it of its lively hood for survival. 

However, Chaya did not back down from his tone and even took a threatening step forward, "I apologize for the misconception but the last time I was told of such of events was when I was eight years old and by our Aunt Joe on her deathbed."

There was an undertone to her words, but I didn't dare to question her and instead just simply clutched Seth's arm giving him my full support even if I did not utter the words. For to utter the words would be to have courage and in this very moment I lacked courage and only held confusion. 

"How did you get my DNA." He growled and all-but shook me off his arm. I tried to hide the hurt from my face as I quickly covered it up with a smile before backing away to stand with the maids because that's truly where I do belong. 

I'm simply the hired help and nothing more...

Tightly forming his arms over his chest, he took a step closer to Chaya as if to silently say that he was not afraid of her no matter how much she wanted him to be. It was like watching a lion and hyena fight over territory. 

One was too mouthy for its own good and other the was too hell-bent on winning to care what tactics he used to win.

"Oh, dear brother, it's the twentieth century you leave you're DNA everywhere you go... Even on wine glasses at Italian restaurants." Laughing drying she too crossed her arms over her chest to almost mock Seth's rigid form. 

"Do not call me brother, again until you have earned my respect because for all I know you faked these documents and are only after my money!"