Twenty: Olive

If possible, everyone was speechless as the slender brunette sauntered through the door and into the foyer. She was oddly calm as if this was a normal Friday night for her and she had just entered a bar instead of a million-dollar mansion. 

"I imagine this is quite shocking to you, but I have the papers to prove that our DNA matches as siblings." 

Vintage black cat-eye sunglass hid the color of her eyes from my view; however, I was able to take in the red, square headscarf in which was fastened underneath her chin. And the black, square neck dress that showcased her bare arms and her legs up to an inch past her knees. She looked to have walked right out of the fifties for all she was missing was a cigarette between her gloved fingers.

Her red plumps clicked against the marbled ground as she entered and slowly spun around, fully taking in the beauty of the manner. 

"My, my, brother, haven't you done well." She spoke as if she was condemning him and stating a fact at the same time. Her voice was sweet as honey, as it was tainted with an airy southern accent and so it sounded like sugar when it was intended as salt. 

I cast a nervous glance to Seth for up to now he has been as silent as the moon. But there he stood, only feet away he held a vexed expression as if he couldn't decide rather, he should choose this moment to place his hands on the woman and throw her out or to accept her as his sister as she claims to be. 

But like always his true emotions were shielded behind that stone wall within and oh how I desired for it's walls to crumble to ash ...

"Umm dear?" Breaking the tension, Nakawa stepped forward out of the group of maids who seemed to have huddled together when Seth had so passionately gathered me in his arms and ravished my lips as if he had deemed, they belonged to him. My lips were still tingling from the roughness of his tongue and teeth.

The women shared whispers from one ear to another and their words were lost upon my own ears for I was too confused to focus on such useless gossip.

"Yes?" Chaya seemed rather annoyed that the focus was being directed off of Seth for she appeared to be a determined woman on a mission and was rather annoyed to have been side-tracked.

"Well, you said you had the papers to prove your claims, May I please see them?" 

Exhaling, Chaya reaches into her brown leather satchel and after only a few moments she withdraws her hand and in them are a few documents. However, as if acting in defiance she pushes past Nakawa and instead delivers them into Seth's enclosed arms. Adjusting the papers into his hands, he begins to silently read them with very narrowed eyes while Chaya begins to speak with a sense of boredom as if she would rather be painting her nails then dealing with Seth. 

"Our parents are Dee and Richard Smith. Highschool sweethearts who decided to not wait till marriage and had you at the tender age of sixteen. Dee was the daughter of a pastor and Richard was on a one-way-ticket to an NFL football career, as you can tell there was no room for children at the time." She pauses to bite her lower lip as if she did not even want to stomach the next words, "Their lives were already planned out for them by their parents and even they're relationship was a secret. Dee expressed to our Aunt Joe, that she did not want to give you up and even stated that she would sell her own heart to keep you. For a life without her child was a life not meant to have a heart." 

I inched closer to Seth for everyone was listening to her story as if she had just stolen it from a lost novel long forgotten on the shelf of a library and I desired to huddle close to someone I loved to listen to it. 

"She managed to hide her pregnancy until she went into labor and as Richard was helping her into the hospital both of their parents showed up and forced them apart. Because Dee was underage her parents put you up for adoption and Dee's heart was broken. Afterwards, Dee and Richard made the decision that if they wanted to be together forever, they needed to run away to somewhere where no one knew them and where no one could determine how they lived their lives and who they could love. So, they left Nashville and ran away to New-York City."