Nine: Seth

Time is never a women's friend...

I think sarcastically as I lean against my grey truck. It's approximately fifteen minutes past seven and there has failed to be any signs of Olive emerging from the manner. Sighing, I glance down at my watch for what has to be the millionth time.

Grumbling beneath my breath, I mutter, "Les femmes, vous leur donnez du temps et elles arriveront des heures en retard et appelleront que c'est à la mode en retard. Mais nous, les hommes, appelons cela perdre notre temps précieux."

"The more French you speak, the more I hate it." Olive's voice echoes as she slips through the side door wearing a Prussian blue sweater dress and simple white pumps. The dress suited her pregnant form elegantly and as her curly golden hair cascaded down her shoulders my breath slowed as she was simply and utterly bewitching.

My lips tug into a smile as she frowns. "Oh? Are your ears too sensitive to such a form of elegant art?"

She rounds the truck heading for the passenger side and I'm expeditious to follow her.

"No, I just know you're talking about me, and I think it's unfair because I don't know what you're saying therefore I can't defend myself against your petty arguments." She huffs out as she goes to open the door but acting faster, I reach around her and take hold of the handle first.

"Oh, tu veux dire comme ça beau?" Laughter bubbles out as I open the door and she glares daggers at me as if she had a bet with her mind that I would never do such a gentlemen like act for her such as opening the door.

If that is indeed the case, then she is about to have her socks blown off at just how 'gentlemen-like' I can be.

Rounding the truck, I slid into the front seat and begin to drive down the seven-hundred-foot, paved driveway. Thick canopies of trees lined each side of the driveway, giving it a shady aesthetic. It wasn't until we turned onto the main road that Olive spoke once more.

"So, what's the point of this? I mean you verbally bully me and my friend in the woods and then all of a sudden you want me to go on some random and may I add, weird shopping trip with you." Crossing her arms over her chest she stares at me as if she truly cannot figure me out.

Good, it means my emotional walls stand strong and firm even against her attacks...

"We got off on the wrong foot...I cannot live with a person who distains me as much as you do. So, take this as my way of apologizing."

Lie...

I was overly used to everyone and everything hating me but the thought of her truly hating me was something that ate at my soul like maggots to a corpse.

Shaking her head in disbelief, Olive turns her whole body towards the widow and for nearly thirty minutes of our drive she did not utter a word not even spared me a glance. It annoyed me in a way I couldn't understand because why would this beautiful stranger ignore me?

"What's your favorite color?" She whispers while she continues to stare out the window like an orphan on a train to an unknown destination.

Stunned by her words, I barely had time to even think if I had a favorite color, "What?"

Sighing irritatedly, she twists around in her seat and turns her restrained glaze onto the road before us. "This is awkward okay! I'm in a freaking truck alone with my new boss! So just please answer the question so I can stop thinking about how creepy this is!"

She thinks this is creepy? Aw man then I probably should call off the axe murders I have planned to murder her later tonight...and probably the killer clowns too. But should I keep the cluster of spiders I have planned to crawl into her bed tonight?