“Liam called.” Simone said. “Did you tell him I'm here.” “I did.” I sigh. “I'm sorry. He's my son I can't lie to him.” “It's okay. I get it.” “I convinced him to let you stay here for the three days.” “Oh thank you.” After a while I then sleep.

I wake up 12 in the afternoon. Rose was not next to me any more. I start to panic. I go downstairs to see Simone with Rose. I was then relieved. “Hi.” I say. “Oh hey, you finally awake.” I just smile in guilt.

“You're hungry?” “Famished.” “I left you something in the microwave.” “Thank you.” I say and I go get it. I heat it up and I eat. Two days passed and it was morning. I was sitting with Simone. The door bell sounded and Simone went to get it.

After a short while, “Marii let's go.” I hear Liam say. “Excuse me.” “I said let's go.” “You don't tell me if I should go or not.” He closed his eyes as he took a breath. “Marii. Please. I'm asking you.” I then find myself in Liam's car.

“I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything I said. I was… No there's no excuse.” “It's okay Liam.” He just smiled at me and I fake smiled back at him.

A week goes by and Liam was not home. My door opens and in comes Kayla. My everything was still. “Oh don't worry I'm not here to hurt you.” she said with her hands up. “I just want you to meet someone.” In came Chris.

“What is he doing here?” “Oh he just wanted to see you.” “Hey babe.” He said to me with a smirk. “You look beautiful.” He said. I kept quiet. “Rude enough Marii. He's complimenting you. Cherish it because we both know you don't have a man to tell you that lie everyday.” Kayla said.

“Just get out my room.” “Um no thank you.” She looked at Chris, “She's all yours.” She then went out the room and locked the door. “What is going on?” I see Chris coming towards me.

“Chris stay away from me. I don't know what you want from me but stay away from me.” He's eyes were dark. That gave me a flashback of the first time his brother raped me. His eyes were dark.

“Chris please don't do this.” “You got my brother locked up and left him to stay all alone.” “He raped me Chris! What was I supposed to do!”

"You got him killed, for your sfish reasons." He said coming towards me. "I didn't kill him." I don't know how but he know got a hold of me. “Chris leave. Me. Alone.” He then takes me and throws me on the bed.

“Chris please don't do this please!” I say as I struggle to get him off me. "You know, i was ways jealous of mivheal having a beautigul gitl like you." He says dragging his fingers across my cheeks.

"Please. Dont do this." I said as his finger dragged down to my pants. After what felt like forever, he left me there broken. Three days passed and everyday he came and did the same thing. I had enough of Kayla. I couldn't take it any more.

I took everything of mine. Left everything they bought and I sneaked out. I didn't even go to any of Liam's relatives. It was back to the streets for me. Rose was with Jade but I left a note for Liam.

I apologised and asked him to raise Rose to be the best for me. I took a picture of Rose and I cried thinking of leaving Rose. I walked until it was dark. I then laid camp and slept.

Liam's POV

I came back home from a long, stressful day. I need an assistant again. I made a plan to ask Marii to work for me again. I get home and Kayla was in the family room. “Oh hey baby.” Kayla says as she walks to me. We hug and kiss.

“Is Marii in her room?” “You know she always there. Even though I didn't see her today.” “Oh okay.” “You're hungry?” Kayla asked. “You know I am.” “Okay. Frida!” She calls out. “Yes ma'am.” “Mr Augero needs some food now.” “Yes ma'am.”

She says and heads into the kitchen. I then head to my room and undress. After I was done dressing to some comfortable clothes, I go downstairs to eat. “Frida.” “Yes sir.” “Has Marii eaten?” “She hasn't gotten out her room the whole day.”

“Well that's not like her.”  I go up to her room and knock. “Marii?” She didn't answer. “Marii can I come in?” She didn't answer. She must be sleeping. “Frida. Make Marii some food for her please.”

“Yes sir.” After a while I take the food upstairs. I open the door and see no one on the bed. “Marii?”  I look to see no sign of life in the crib. I walk out and search the whole house for her. No where to be found. She probably with my sisters or just at the mall.

I then relax on my bed. After a while I hear the door bell ring. I walk downstairs to see Jade with Rose. “Jade? Where's Marii?” “I don't know? She isn't with any of us. She just said I should just give Rose to you.” “Why did she say me specifically?”

“You don't think she...” Jade asked. “And leave Rose. No I don't think so.” Jade then leaves and promises to also try to find her. I then went to her room looking for something. “Mr Augero! Sir! Look what I found next to her bed.” Frida says as she hands me a paper. I take it and unfold it. It was a letter. Marii's writing. I then read:

Dear Liam

If you're reading this, you may have found out that I'm no where to be found. Well I just wanted to say I left. I couldn't take the punishment Kayla kept on bringing on me so I left. It's hard but I have to. But don't worry, I didn't take Rose. She is with Jade.

I just wanted to let you know from my heart that I still love you. And yes, I am envious of Kayla but I would never act on that. I want to ask you one thing though. Please, for me, take care of Rose. She needs you. Raise her to be an independent woman.

I'm sorry if I have hurt you. We may have been in bad blood for the past months but I will always love and care about you. Don't bother looking for me though, I'm long gone. I wish you all the best in your future with your family.

Marii.

I look at the letter after I read it and was blank. I sit down on the bed, “She ran away.” I say. It was quiet. “Really Marii. She had to run away in a time like this.” I say. “What do you mean?”

“I was at work when I received a threat that they will take Marii, if I don't give them what they want.” “You have to find her before they do.” “I know.”  I then stand up, get out of the room and get into mine.

“Who was at the door?” “Jade with Rose.” “What about Marii?” “I don't know? You tell me.” I say softly. “What?” “Kayla.” “Yeah...” “What were you doing to Marii?” “Excuse me?” “You heard me.” “Um nothing.” She said in an attitude. “I'm going to ask you one more time. What were you doing to Marii?” “Nothing Liam.” She laughed,

“I can't believe you think I did something to her. Why Liam? Tell me why would I do anything to her?” “I don't know Kayla. But why would Marii run away because of you? She even left Rose. She would never do that.” “Oh I don't know. Maybe to catch your attention and make me look like the bad guy here so you can dump me and go for her again.”

I just kept quiet. Why would anyone stoop that low just for attention. Kayla sighed and came to me. “Liam. I need you to believe me. I didn't do anything to her. I mean why would I? I don't have no reason. I would never torture Marii. Her saying I tried to poison Rose. I would never do that to you.”

I didn't tell Kayla about Marii being the one to poison the dog. How does she know about Marii accusing her. Maybe because she did do it. “You're right Kayla. I'm sorry.” “It's okay baby. I get it. You're worried. And I promise you we will find her.”