000; Prologue

──⇌••⇋──

──••──

Outer Banks, Paradise on earth.

It's the sort of place were you either have two jobs or two houses. Two tribes, One island.

The south side or the cut. Home of the working class who make a living bussing tables, washing yachts, running charters, the natural habitat of . . drumroll please, the Pogues.

Pogues, Pogies, the throwaway fish, Lowest member of the food chain. Okay so, the downside of Pogue life is we're ignored and neglected, The upside of Pogue life is we're ignored and neglected

Which means we do whatever we want, whenever we want.

That's JJ, my best friend since the third grade. He's about as local as they come. Latest in a long line of fishing, drinking, smuggling, vendetta-holding salt-lifers who made their living off the water.

best surfer I know. just don't tell him I said that. Mild kleptomaniac and future tax cheat.

And that's Kiara, or Kie as we call her. And when she's not saving turtles or listening to Marley, or getting a dolphin tattoo, she hangs out with us. I'm not really sure why, though

So she's a rich kid, actually, foot in both worlds. Her family owns the Wreck, which is this Outer Banks institution. Total cash cow with the tourists. You know, I'm not really sure how her parents feel about us.

And that's Pope, The brains of the operation, Finalist for the Lucas T. Vanderhorst Merit scholarship. And the smartest person I know.

Little bit of a weirdo. Alright so his father's this legendary character, Heyward. Anything you wanted on the island, Heyward could get for you.

Now, I'm not really sure Heyward knew what to make of his oddball son, but it didn't matter. He was a Pogue, just like the rest of us.

then there's Adria or Drea, She's usually hanging out with Kie or at the beach listening to Queen songs but when she's not she slums it with us.

She's technically a rich kid also after she had moved to the OBX. Me and JJ met her one day at the beach before Kie had even introduced us to her-, I mean we've seen her around when she'd come down during the summers but when she was down Her and Kiara just did their own thing. But anyways a few drinks later her and JJ had some bet going on for who was a better surfer, which they still haven't settled.

And personally I think JJ has a little thing for her though he's never told me anything.

So that's my crew.

──⇌••⇋──

________________
Words Count;503
________________

I know this is pretty boring but I thought why not