002: Kegger?

────────────────────

Adria watches as a woman, Lana Grubbs, runs up to a lifeless man on a gurney with tears in her eyes. Adria shakes her head looking away from the scene, glancing at the others.

"who's that" John B questions making Adria look to him.

"It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm, check out this pic I got" the girl shows her phone to the group Adria's face contorts "dead body" the girl practically sang out.

she looks away from the phone picking at her nails, which was always a nervous habit she always had "what kind of boat did he have?" JJ questioned.

"somehow that dirtbag copped a brand new Grady White, everyone's out looking for it" the girl states.

The group shares a look before Adria looked back at Scooter Grubbs as the wheel him away.

──⇌••⇋──

Pope runs through the screen door onto the deck of the Chateau "Okay, so, um . . . We didn't see anything, we don't know anything, we need to have total and complete amnesia " he finishes taking a seat beside Adria and Kiara on the couch.

"actually, Pope's right for once" JJ points to him "see, I agree with you, sometimes . . Deny, Deny, Deny "

"Guys we can't keep that money" Kie spoke up from the couch.

JJ throws his head back "Okay, not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara" his eyes landing on her then glancing to Adria.

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs, otherwise it's bad karma" the curly haired girl gives them all a stern look as she raises her hands.

Pope looks up from the ground "Bad karma to be implicated in a felony too, we gotta go dark"

"if that means we get to keep the money I agree" JJ walks up beside John B.

He looks at his best friend patting his arm "I don't agree"

JJ looks at him with furrowed brows "what, why?" he questions

"Just think about it, this is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about, right? Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at porthole. Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the save-A-Lot parking lot because he needed gas, We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than 40 bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden he's got a Grady White ?" John B shrugs with his hands up "just saying"

. . .

The Pogues were now down at the dock that led out from John B's backyard. Pope casted his line into the water while John B sat on the wooden fence "All right, so think about it Pope. How does a Marina rat get a Grady White"