Chapter 3

Lloyd's povs

"Because.....it happened to me too."He said in a small whisper."What?"Was all that I could say."Yes. I too had met my father. Long ago, I was just adapting my oni side......like you."He began."It was when you were born. Misako was there for me. She would listen to what I had to say. I told her everything. Even my fears."He said."Fears?"I asked."I was scared I hurt you.......and that fear came to life years and years later...when you came to fight me."He said."Anyway, I was training with my brother, when IT happened. I didn't know what happened. I just knew I closed my eyes......and standing before me was my father. He said that my fears would come true, and that you would....become the green ninja, so we would have to fight. He told me about the oni in me and it would take control. When he sent me back, my brother, you, and Misako, were by my side. Wu and Misako were overjoyed and thought I was dead....much like you."He said."But unlike you I never told anyone about meeting my father. I thought I was insane."He said. 

I gasped. He grinned."Haven't you heard that parents know everything?"He asked."How?"I asked."I saw the look on your face when Harumi had to leave, and I also saw Harumi kiss you."He said."I was visiting someone."He said. I looked at him."Okay, okay I followed you."He said. I knew Rumi should have waited till we were inside."Are you going to tell them?"I asked."Goodness no, I know how it feels to be treated the way you are. And about your secret relationship with Harumi, I was in a secret one too. Your mother's parents never.......thought I was a good fit for their daughter. So we would sneak to see each other."He said."Thanks."I said."I owe you. I did leave you once."He said."Twice."I corrected. He gave me a sad frown, I did the same."Just be careful. Wu can be......getting into everyone's life."He warned."Got it."I said. He then walked out of the monastary. I watch him go. I never really did forgive him leaving me after the oni were defeated. I mean, couldn't he have just said goodbye? But he was keeping my secrets. I headed inside.

Dinner was no fun. No one said a word. Not even Jay, and he was the one who would get everyone out of the funk. I felt as if everyone was staring at me, even though they weren't. Even if the Overlord is gone, I am not that happy. With all this oni thing, I feel like I am drowning in darkness. Tonight was my turn to do the dishes, frankly I am glad because I could see if my eyes were purple. I got up to do the dishes, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was Nya. I looked at her. She didn't say anything, she only stared at me with her deep blue ocean eyes. She then walked off with Jay. I started to feel guilty about not telling her and the gang about all of what I am keeping. Was I doing the right thing? Should I tell them about this? I have so much I need to tell them, Harumi and the meet with the FSM. But my gut told me to not tell them. Would I feel better if I told them? Maybe not. Keeping my mouth shut is the best thing right now. 

I did the dishes, thinking what my father had said. The FSM had told him that his fears would come true, would what he said come to life as well? I heard Kai and Cole whisper something. And out of the blue, I had cut myself with the big knife I was washing. I grunted. I dropped the knife and went to the bathroom to take care of the blood. After I washed it off and bandaged it up, I returned to the others. They looked defeated."What is it?"I asked."The Overlord has returned, Lloyd."Wu said sadly."What? How? I-I defeated him with my.....oni form."I said the last part in a whisper. I want nothing to do with that night. I almost let Nya die."I do not know. But he is back."He said. Just then, my grandfather's words popped in my head."FULL blooded oni will save the day." He had said that. Is this what he meant? Can only full blooded oni save the day?"Lloyd? Lloyd?"Asked Nya. I looked at her."You with us buddy?"Asked Kai."Yeah, I am just....thinking about something."I replied. I then excused myself to my room. 

I looked at myself in the mirror."Who am I?"I asked."Who am I?!"I asked a bit louder. I sighed. I am the son of Garmadon. I am the green ninja."You can't give up hope, ninja never quit!"I told myself. I can't let the Overlord win this fight, I needed to beat him. Once and for all. But how was he back so quickly? It had only been a year."The Overlord is powered by hate and fear." I slapped myself. Of course! He got that power from me. All year I had been scared and I hated myself. This is all my fault. Now I have to fix it. I gulped. What if I hurt my friends? I lost control last time, what makes me think I won't again? Why did I have to be part oni? Why did I have Ninjago over my shoulders? Because I am Lloyd Garmadon. That's why.

 Nya knocked on my door."Come in!"I called out."I just checked in."She said. I nodded."You seem to know something. Does it have anything to do with the-"I could become full blooded oni."I cut her off. As soon as I said it I wish I could take it back. Nya stared at me with shock."H-how do you know that?"She asked."I have already said too much."I replied."But what does that- how long-?"She choked out. I sighed. Way to keep my mouth shut."Does it matter? I mean, it might be the only way."I said. Her face softened."Of course not. We will find a way. We always do."She said. I smiled."Thanks."I said."Anytime little brother."She said. She then left the room. I decided the best thing to do was to lay down and get some rest. I knew I wasn't going to get any of it with my nightmares. I closed my eyes. I will defeat the Overlord, even if I die doing it.