Chapter 6: The Dark Side of Justice

Y/N's mind was in turmoil as she grappled with her role in the operation.

She couldn't shake the image of the children being trafficked, their scared faces and hopeless cries echoing in her mind. Every time she thought about them, her heart ached with a fierce determination to stop the perpetrators, no matter the cost.

But the cost was high.  She was faced with another difficult decision. She had asked Seonghwa to keep the children safe in exchange for the valuable items she had stolen, but she was struggling to come up with the necessary payment.

Y/N knew that Seonghwa was a businessman, and that he would not be willing to take on such a risky venture without a substantial payment. She had already given him everything she had, but it wasn't enough. She needed to find a way to come up with the payment, or risk the lives of the children she had promised to protect.

The risk of being caught was always present, and the emotional toll of constantly being on the run was taking its toll.

The stress and anxiety were taking a toll on her, leaving her feeling exhausted and uncertain. But she couldn't give up. She had to find a way to come up with the payment and keep the children safe, no matter what it took.

**Flashback from the previous meeting**

Y/N was feeling the weight of her actions as she sat across from Seonghwa. She had asked him to kidnap some children who were being trafficked and keep them safe in his place as an exchange for some valuable items she had stolen.

Seonghwa took a sip of his drink and looked at Y/N with a stern expression. "Y/N, you know I did what you asked me to do. I have the children in my care, but you still haven't given me what you promised."

Y/N felt a knot form in her stomach. She had been struggling to find a buyer for the stolen items, and time was running out. She knew that Seonghwa was losing his patience, and she didn't want to risk the safety of the children.

"Seonghwa, I'm doing everything I can. I just need a little more time," Y/N pleaded.

"I don't have time, Y/N. These children need proper care, and I can't keep them in my place forever. I need the payment you promised me."

Y/N's heart sank. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't risk losing the children or Seonghwa's trust. "I understand, Seonghwa. I'll try my best to get the payment to you as soon as possible."

Seonghwa's expression softened. "Y/N, I'm doing this for the children, not for the payment. But I need to keep my business running too. Just make sure you keep your end of the deal."

Y/N nodded, feeling a sense of guilt wash over her. She knew she had to find a way to pay Seonghwa soon, or everything she had worked for would crumble.

**End of Flashback**

--

San sat at his desk, his eyes fixed on the screen in front of him as he read through the latest report from the trafficking operation. He felt a lump form in his throat as he read the names of some of his colleagues who were involved in the ring.

**Flashback from a month earlier**

San and Wooyoung sat in the break room of the police station, sipping their coffee and chatting about their latest case. They had been partners for years, and had worked on countless cases together.

"I can't believe we finally caught those burglars," San said, a grin spreading across his face. "We've been after them for months."

"Yeah, it feels good to finally get a win," Wooyoung replied, taking a sip of his coffee. "And it's all thanks to your quick thinking, partner."

San shook his head. "Nah, it was a team effort. We couldn't have done it without Yunho's intel."

Speaking of Yunho, he walked into the break room at that moment, looking tired but satisfied. "Nice work, you two. Hongjoong was really impressed with the way you handled that case."

San and Wooyoung grinned at each other, feeling proud of their success. They had been through a lot together over the years, and had formed a close bond as partners.

"Hey, Wooyoung," San said, nudging his friend with his elbow. "Remember that time we got stuck on stakeout duty for twelve hours straight? We were practically delirious by the end of it."

Wooyoung chuckled. "How could I forget? I still can't believe we didn't kill each other."

San laughed, but then his expression turned serious. "You know, it's times like this that make it hard to believe what's happening with that guy."

Wooyoung's expression darkened. "Yeah, I know. He was my friend since childhood, I never would've guessed he was involved in something like this."

San shook his head sadly. "I know. And it's not just him. It's hard to trust anyone these days."

"But you can trust me, right partner?" Wooyoung said with a small grin, trying to lighten the mood.

San grinned back. "Of course I can. You're the only one who puts up with my terrible coffee breath."

**End of Flashback**

He turned to Yunho, his partner in the operation, who was sitting next to him. "I can't believe this," he said, his voice filled with disbelief and sadness. "Wooyoung was my childhood friend, and Hongjoong was the senior I put so much respect in. How could they do this? How could they be involved in something so heinous?"

Yunho sighed, placing a hand on San's shoulder. "I know, San. It's hard to believe, but we have to keep going. We have to do what's right, no matter how hard it is."

San nodded, his expression determined. "You're right, Yunho. We can't let this stop us. We have to see this through to the end, no matter what it takes. The children are counting on us."

Yunho gave him a small smile, a look of admiration in his eyes. "I know you'll do the right thing, San. You always do."

San returned the smile, feeling a glimmer of hope in his heart. He knew it wouldn't be easy, but he was ready to fight for what was right, no matter who stood in his way.

--