34. Nowhere to Be.

Start from the beginning

With a huff, Rosie turned around and sulked her way over to the dining room. She found her backpack on one of the chairs and put it on her back, about to bring it into the living room. She paused when she saw her dad's belt and her knife on the table. She didn't understand how it got there, but she put it back on anyway. Her pants kept inching down her waist, considering that they were a little bit too big for her, so she constantly had to pull them back up. But now that she had her belt back, she didn't have to worry about it anymore. She was also more than grateful to have her knife back.

Once Rosie got the belt on, the lights suddenly turned off. She jumped when someone grabbed her shoulder. Turning around, she could just barely see that it was Patricia. "Come with me," she whispered.

Before Rosie could even ask what was going on, she was pulled towards the porch. Stepping outside, she could see that everyone was gathered out there, even Daryl, who was supposed to be looking for Rick and Shane.

"A herd that size would rip the house down," Daryl was saying to Glenn, looking out into the field.

Herd?

Stepping closer to Daryl, Rosie finally saw what they were talking about, and her eyes widened. The entire field was filled with walkers, all heading towards the house. Her heart started beating fast again and her dizziness got worse. She leaned against the railing to balance herself.

Then Lori bursted out the front door. "Carl's gone," she said.

"What?"

"He- he was upstairs. I can't find him anymore," Lori said, holding her hands to her heart.

"Maybe he's hiding," Glenn suggested.

"He's supposed to be upstairs. I'm not leaving without my boy," Lori insisted, her voice breaking.

"We're not. We're gonna- we're gonna look again. We're gonna find him," Carol said, pulling Lori back into the house.

Rosie went to follow and help, but Daryl grabbed onto her arm. "You're stayin' here," he said.

"But we gotta find him," Rosie said. She and Carl may not have been getting along great for the past few days, but that didn't mean that she wanted him to die. She didn't want any of them to die.

"They'll find him," Daryl told her. Rosie just furrowed her eyebrows at him.

Maggie pulled a few guns out of the gun bag and started passing them out. "You grow up country, you pick up a thing or two," she said.

"I got the number- it's not use," Daryl told her, staring out at the field.

"You can go if you want," Hershel said, loading his own gun.

"You gonna take 'em all on?" Daryl asked him.

"We have guns. We have cars."

"Kill as many as we can," Andrea said. "And we'll use the cars to lead the rest of them off the farm."

"Are you serious?" Daryl asked them.

"This is my farm. I'll die here," Hershel responded.

"Alright. It's as good a night as any," Daryl murmured.

Rosie jumped a little with Daryl grabbed her shoulder, forcibly spinning her around so that her back was facing him. He unzipped her backpack- which was much more stuffed than it used to be, with all the clothes Maggie had supplied her with- and dug through the bag until his fingers touched cold metal. He pulled David's gun out of Rosie's backpack and placed it in her hand. Rosie didn't even know it was in there. Daryl must've put it there.