thirty-two

y/n

Eddie was pissed,

"I knew we shouldn't have gone." He scoffed

Instead of taking me to his place we stopped in a parking lot, he got off his motorcycle and grabbed my hand.

"Don't fall for his tricks Y/N." He sighed

I wasn't going to, but Billy had almost convinced me with his ignorance.

"I won't." I smiled

All of a sudden Eddie planted a soft kiss on my cheek,

"We'll be fine." He said, it sounded like he was reassuring himself more than me.

"Just don't forget what he did to you." He continued.

"I kind of want to forget Eddie." I sighed

"I understand, just don't forget the pain that he caused you." He replied

Eddie didn't understand how I felt at all, he was only focused on me not thinking of Billy, he wanted me to think of the pain that Billy caused me and that was even worse.

"Fine." I mumbled as I wanted this conversation to end.

"Good girl." He smiled as he got ready to drive off again.

When we got back to the trailer Eddie made some lunch and we sat down together to eat it,

"Did he say anything?" He asked while I was filling my mouth with food.

"Who? Billy?" I asked to which Eddie nodded in reply.

"Mhm." He mumbled

"No?" I replied confused

Eddie was stuffing his mouth with food, perhaps hoping that I'd drop it.

"Should he?" I asked

"No, just curious." Eddie laughed

Eddie had been acting weird the past few days, at first I thought that I was imagining it but now I was sure.

I was never going to tell him this, he let me stay with him and was taking care of me. If there was something that he thought that I should know, I knew that he'd tell me.

"So you sure that you want to go to the party?" Eddie asked

"Yeah." I smiled, I was excited to go out again, I was getting tired of seeing the same four walls everyday.

"I'll come along." Eddie smiled

At least now I'd know for sure that Billy would not be able to come close to me with Eddie there. 

I still felt sad about what Billy had done but if that was the way that he wanted to go with things I'd have to accept it eventually. For now Eddie was here to support me.

The only thing that we did together in the trailer was play board games, usually Eddie was playing his guitar while I was checking out his music tapes.

"Master of Puppets? This is new right?" I asked

"Yeah, and I already know how to play it." Eddie snickered, I'd have to admit that was pretty cool.

As the sun began to set I was getting dressed, Eddie was sitting on the porch with a cigarette waiting for me to be done.

I looked at the dress that I had packed and started to smile, it was the one that I was wearing when I met Billy at the party. A ton of good memories started to flood my mind, they quickly were replaced with the image of the picture.

If I wanted to forget him I'd have to make sure that everyone thought that I already had and this dress was perfect for it.

I walked out and Eddie whistled as he turned his head.