• sneaky •

y/n's pov

the friend group and i were sitting on the rock. apparently the other night, some na'vi lit some of the south sides mauri pods on fire. we were discussing it. well everyone but me, i wasn't listening what so ever, i had other things on my mind.

"it had to have been someone that wasn't at the annual bonfire!" tsireya exclaims. everyone nodded in agreement. "wait.." ao'nung looks at me squinting. "y/n wasn't at the bonfire..." he said. i looked up since i heard my name, and saw everyone staring at me. "what?" i say confused, because then again i wasn't listening. "why weren't you at the bonfire?" tsireya asks. i look at neteyam, he looked at me and shook his head. he smiled. "me?" i point to myself. "no, the other y/n. yes you! you skxawng!" ao'nung hisses.

"oh uh.." i stutter. what am i supposed to tell them? "where were you y/n!" rotxo shouts. "i uh" i laugh as i look at neteyam. i kept trying to hold in my laugh. "she had to have been the one to light them up.." ao'nung says as he backs away. "it wasn't me! i swear on eywa!" i throw my hands up. "how do we know that? you won't tell us where you were.." tsireya says.

"it's because i can't!" i laugh again. "she's laughing, it was her!" loak points. neteyam laughs at this. i look at him and furrow my eyebrows. we communicated through facial expressions. "i must tell my father!" tsireya says standing up. "tsireya! no!" neteyam stands up. "it wasn't her." he informs.

"wait, i don't remember seeing neteyam at the bonfire either..." ao'nung points out. "mmh, you're almost there!" i joke. "wait wha-" loak says. neteyam smirks at loak. "EW!" loak yells. "what?" tsireya asks confused by the whole things. "neteyam and y/n were somewhere, together!" loak explains. "wait, did you guys light up the pods together?" tsireya asks. "no!" i snap. "you guys wanna know?" everyone nodded in agreement. "me and neteyam were in the sacred cave with each other, alone." i say with an annoyed tone. neteyam nodded. "you wanna know what we were doing? well we were all alone and we-" i began before neteyam slapped his hand over my mouth to stop me from talking. i looked at everyone, they all looked so shocked. "ew!" loak, rotxo, and ao'nung said at the same time. i laugh.

me and neteyam looked at each other and just giggled at the whole thing. tsireya and kiri had blank stares on their faces while the boys make jokes about it. neteyam wrapped his arm around and we continued to laugh at everyone. tuk looked traumatized.