• infinity •

WARNING- sad!!!

y/n's pov

"give me that!" i yell, snatching the gun from loak. "everyone go! go! i'll be there in a second!" i say, shooting at sky people. i look and see neteyam. "neteyam go! i'll be fine!" i say to him. he shakes his head. "y/n, you know i can't leave you alone!" he hisses. "neteyam go hurry!" i shoot some more. he finally nods and jumps into the water. i drop the gun and jump right after him.

i resurface and begin cheering with loak and spider, as they give each other high fives. "that was crazy cuz!" loak celebrates. "guys hop on!" tsireya says as she approaches us with her ilu. "let's go! we've gotta get out of here!" i suggest.
i look around for neteyam and when i spot him, i see bloody water surrounding him. "shit.." i whisper. "you skxawng! i'm shot" neteyam says as he holds his chest. "get him up on the ilu!" i panic. me and loak help pull him up onto the ilu and grab on it's fins. "to that rock! quick!" i panic, a tear falls down my face as i look at neteyam. he was struggling to breathe. it was all my fault!

we get to the rock and each of us grabbed one of neteyams limbs and carried him to the rock. "careful with his head lo!" i hiss as we set him down. "y/n, tsireya, apply pressure to the wound! i've got to find help!" loak says as he gets up and leaves. we nod in unison. tears begin pouring down my face as i look at neteyam, he was visibly scared.

"i didn't disappoint my dad this time, right?" neteyam says, tears falling down his face. this broke my heart. "n-no, you didn't, and you never have teyam! he's only ever been proud of, even if it doesn't seem like it" i smile through the tears as i wipe away his. "y/n..." he says, his breath shaky. "teyam.." i reply. "you're gonna have to keep tuk safe for me while i'm gone. okay?" he smiles. "n-no-" i say before he cuts me off. "and i need you to ke-keep loak out of t-trouble too. protect kiri." he stutters. "no neteyam.. you can do that yourself! you're not going anywhere!" i say, bawling my eyes out. i grab his hand and hold it up to my chest. "don't cry y/n" he says. "i need you to stay strong okay? do it for me, while i'm still here.." neteyam cries. "you have strong heart, your a warrior" his words made me cry. tears poured down my face as my heart shattered more and more by the second.

jake and loak arrive. "shit shit shit!" jake yells. he picks neteyam up and turns him around, revealing a hole from the bullet in his back. jakes eyes widened as he looks at it in terror, knowing this isn't good. "i want to go home.." neteyam cried. "i know, we're going, we're going home boy." jake reassured his son, his voice breaking. he was trying not to cry.

"i love you all." neteyam said, looking at everyone. he was scared. "loak, my baby bro, it's your job to protect the family now, protect kiri and tuk for me okay? y/n, he needs your help, keep him out of trouble. i want you to know i've always loved you and i always will. tsireya, thanks for supporting me through everything, your my best friend. and dad, i'm sorry if i've ever disappointed you, i love yo-" neteyam was cut off. he stopped breathing. i felt his heart beat slowly stop, while my heart dropped. i looked into his eyes, which dilated and expanded. "no, no no no.." i cried. "neteyam..? neteyam! NETEYAM!" i  screamed. he was gone. i looked at everyone as my heart continued to shatter in pieces. jake was emotionless, he looked numb and broken. loak had the same look on his face. tsireya was crying. i looked at my hands, covered in neteyams blood.

i was crying like a baby. loak and tsireya pulled me into a hug and we all just cried together. i was broken. "it was all my fault" i say, my voice shaky, i couldn't stop crying. "no it wasn't y/n," loak pulled away from the hug. he placed his hands on my shoulder and we stared into each others eyes. "no it's not, you have to stay strong, okay? i need you. i need you to be the mighty warrior you are and help me save my sisters! can you do that?" loak asked. "strong heart." he said, putting his hand on my heart and smiling through the tears. this made me cry harder, as that was something neteyam used to say. i was bawling. he pulled me into another hug, and there i was, breaking down in his arms. never would i have thought this day would come. just a couple hours ago, me and neteyam were arguing, now he's gone. forever. and i didn't even get to say sorry.

i hugged neteyams body and cried for hours. all the memories were flooding back. i've never felt more guilt in my whole life.