✧ chapter 14 ✧

Start from the beginning

"so is nishimiya-senpai here just because she wants to be with inumaki-senpai? that's crazy!!"

"she actually said that she was moved there by her parents since there was some kind of scandal or something with their principal."

"oh, is it the principal of kyoto high? i saw that on the news yesterday, something about him involved in a murder attempt on a rival principal."

"oh really? yeah, that's probably it."

"what if she got involved in it too and now she's running away...?"

"NOBARA!! THAT HAS GONE TOO FAR!"

"heh, sorry. wouldn't you be happy though? she'll be out of inumaki-senpai's life."

"even if i said i'd be happy if she wasn't in our school, i don't want to be a burden to inumaki-senpai's life. i don't want to make him feel sad and all, you know?"

"here we go again. our very kind friend, y/n."

"i think you're just too cruel sometimes, nobara."

"i'm not. it's just you who's the problem."

"sheesh. anyway, back to the topic."

"yeah, well, i just think maybe you're overthinking it."

"seriously, nobara? are you still questioning about what i saw? i thought we made it clear already."

"i know but that's from your own perspective. you don't really know what was exactly happening, right?"

"what do you mean i don't know what's happening? i saw it!"

"but the full scenario. you don't know, right? like were they talking or fighting or what?"

"i... i guess."

you then began pondering it and felt a small spark of hope in your heart. but soon after your brain told you to brush it off and so the spark disappeared.

"nah, it doesn't matter. i'm not going to pry onto their relationship anymore. all i need now is to cope over it."

"if you say so, alright then. also, has he contacted you or anything?"

you opened your chats and saw the unread message from inumaki. you really didn't feel like answering him at the moment.

"umm... he has."

"what did he-"

"it doesn't matter. he doesn't really care about me anymore, i'm sure. i couldn't care less either."

"but y/n-"

"nobara, it's not important."

"alright then. but look, i just want to tell you one thing."

"sure. what?"

"okay, look. i'm not a pro at this kind of things but i think what your mind think and your heart feels are different. one may say, "i've moved on," while the other still feels, "i still like him." i think you should make sure you're listening to the right one. for me, i think you should listen to your heart."

as you listened to what nobara said you thought it made quite some sense so you gave it some thought. 

what does my heart say, then? is it okay to cry over this? 

"but once again, i'm not some love advisor or anything so i'm not sure if that helped."

"no, no, thanks for your help, nobara."

"you welcome. oh, i think my mom's calling me. gotta go~!"

with that you heard the beeping sound from your phone that meant she ended the call and you put it down once more. you then rolled over so you were laying on your back and hugged your pillow tight to your chest. you stared at your ceiling and thought about what nobara said. 

somehow, you felt more comforted and at peace. maybe it was because nobara comforted you? or because you knew this was a normal emotion to show? but still, once you thought about the scene you saw this afternoon it troubled your feelings once more. you felt your phone vibrated so you checked to see if it was anything important but you just saw the message from the same person. 

[New message] inumaki
are you ok?

what does he mean "are you ok?" he thinks i'm ok??  the hell with that.

once you cleared that notification too you decided to listen to some music to cheer you up. so you got up, took your earphones and plugged them into your phone while putting them into your ears. you opened your spotify app and played your playlist. you then lay down with the pillow behind your head on your bed and closed your eyes. the song that played was Someone Like You by Adele. as you listened, two lines from the song stuck in your head and it replayed in your head like an echo. 

Never mind, I'll find someone like you

I wish nothing but the best for you, too

i do hope i'll find someone like you, inumaki-senpai. 

soon you drifted off to sleep with the music still on with small tears streaming down to the soft bed and you didn't realize the series of vibration from your phone. 

[New message] inumaki
y/n, please

[New message] inumaki
we really need to talk

[New message] inumaki

you need to hear me out

[New message] inumaki
maybe i'll just tell you here?

[New message] inumaki
nvm i guess i'll just tell you in person tomorrow

[New message] inumaki

g'night, my y/n

a/n: THE ANGST IS CONTINUED! (hehe) anyway, the kyoto principal thing was dumb i know and it's totally not based on the principal on the real jjk series. so obv no, it's not a spoiler, it's just my made up scenario. but i may base his appearance on the real principal so yeah. and also i was writing this while listening to someone like you and BRO JUST CHECK IT OUT PLEASE NOW I LINKED IT ALREADY ABOVE :D it sometimes makes me wanna cry, honestly. (ToT) and please recommend me some more angsty songs for ✨inspiration✨ :) thank you all for your support once again!! (^_^)

p.s. tbh i'm kinda rushing to finish this book to get started on a new fanfic i thought of after watching kny~ any guesses who it will be about? (*^.^*)