"I don't want to hear it Mr. Black. Detention. The both of you. 9:00 tonight. Slughorn has been looking for someone to help organize his ingredients." Madam cuts me off.

I groan and Snape rolls his eyes.

"You are free to leave, but if I hear of the two of you fighting you're both in for a world of trouble.

"I'm positively exhausted of you all constantly at each others throats! You need to make nice or in the least find a way to coexist!" The nurse scolds us and I just nod my head.

I can't say that I exactly disagree because, no matter how much I still dislike Snape, I'm tired of fighting.

Although it may not seem like it, I've had a lot on my plate lately and fighting with Snape isn't helping anything.

Snape and I silently make our way out of the hospital wing and go our separate ways.

James' POV:

"Who's in here?" A voice rings through the bathroom - Snape.

I quickly get off my knees and flush the toilet, then turn around and open the stall door.

Snape looks at me in confusion but I duck my head and rush to the sink.

I lean over the running faucet and cup my hands to gulp some water.

I throw my head back and gargle the water, trying to get the acidic taste of vomit out of my mouth.

I lean over again to spit and splash water on my face when I glance up to see Snape still there, staring.

I quickly wipe off my face then brace myself over the sink with my hands gripping each side.

I close my eyes briefly, still feeling his eyes on me.

"It's rude to stare you know." I mumble and he inhales.

"What were you doing?" He asks, suspicion in his voice.

I snort.

"Having a tea party with a couple of fairies." I say seriously.

He scoffs.

"I was just checking if you were alright no need to be a dick." He says.

"Well no one asked you to did they? So why don't you piss off." I sneer.

"Fuck you Potter." He says, turning to leave.

"Well fuck you too Snivellus!" I yell after him.

He leaves and I hear some shouts coming from outside, but I can't bring myself to care.

Deep breaths.

I think to myself.

Deep breaths.

Taking a moment to practice my smile in the mirror I continue to breath deeply while the commotion outside continues.

My eyes briefly sting with unshed tears as my smile falters.

Deep breaths.

Smiling wider I turn around and stride out of the bathroom, immediately running into someone.

Remus!

He starts to fall and grabs out to grasp my robes.

I fall ontop of him and he keeps his eyes squeezed shut for a moment

He's so cute.

His nose is scrunched up and his hands hold onto me like I'm his lifeline.

I hold myself above him, my body stilted and my breath baited.