𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗶𝗴 𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗹𝗹

Start from the beginning

emma reassured the rooney, "wilfred is going away for the weekend to a food and beverage conference in the snowfields and he needed someone to look after the cafe so he appointed me as the manager of the juicenet cafe for the weekend." she explained.

"well this is perfect timing. rikki was just saying she needed money to buy a ticket to see the feral robots perform live." cleo informed the gilbert as she passed her a magazine of the feral robots that rikki was looking at.

emma scrunched her nose in disgust, "ew, you actually like that band?" she questioned the chadwick who had remained silent and sent a coy smile to the gilbert.

cleo continued, "so, anyway, i was thinking, now you're the manager, you could give rikki a job at the juicenet cafe." which caused rikki to abruptly turn her head to face the brunette sertori, emma to be rendered momentarily speechless at the sertori's words and alexa to purse her lips and fiddle with her 'a' rose gold heart locket necklace that was clasped around her neck at the awkward silence that filled the kitchen of the sertori household.

once emma had overcome her momentarily speechless state, she let out an, "um..." before she added, "i don't..." she trailed off, not knowing how to respond to cleo's suggestion. once she found the words to say to the three girls, she continued, "... really think wilfred would want me to. no offense, rikki." she finished with a nervous smile as she tried to politely turn down cleo's suggestion of having rikki work at the juicenet cafe.

rikki looked down and pursed her lips in disappointment at the gilbert's words before she poured her strawberry milk that she had made in a jug into a glass, "no, that's fine. i'm not much of a smoothie person anyway." she responded before she walked out with the kettle in her hands.

this left the two brunettes with the blonde gilbert. cleo couldn't believe that emma wouldn't give rikki the job now that she was the manager of the juicenet cafe. she would need all the help that she could get working at the juicenet cafe and by hiring rikki, the blonde chadwick would be able to earn money so she could get tickets to see feral robots live. it was a win win situation for both of the blondes.

alexa understood emma's reluctance hiring rikki to work at the juicenet cafe. rikki and emma were polar opposites of one another who held a bond that was stronger than blood that couldn't be torn apart by the gods above. they may had been brought together because of the mermaid secret but that didn't matter. they were friends now and they would always remain friends until the end of time.

but whilst rikki was rebellious and carefree, emma was responsible and mature. they were the prime definition of two sides of the same coin. luckily, to balance the two blondes were the two brunettes who then formed a quartet. cleo and alexa remained in the middle to balance out the contrasting personalities that emma and rikki held.

but you know what they always say? opposites attract one another. and whilst emma and rikki possessed qualities that oppose one another, they always came through for when it mattered. 

once rikki had left the room, cleo and alexa strode over to emma. the brunette sertori gently grabbed onto the gilbert's elbow and directed her in the direction of the living room with alexa following shortly behind them with her can of fruit juice in her grasp, "i cannot believe you just did that." cleo whispered to emma with her hands on her hips, "rikki is our friend. why wouldn't you hire her?"

"look, this job is a big step up for me. i can't just hire someone like rikki. you know what she's like." emma responded to the brunette sertori in a whisper as she looked over her shoulder and noticed rikki who was using her power to heat up the water in the kettle which caused the kettle to let out a loud whistle.

alexa added in a whisper, "we understand, em. it's just that rikki has been talking about wanting to attend the feral robots concert for weeks now. if she worked at the juicenet cafe for the weekend, she could make enough money to purchase a concert ticket and you would be able to have some help around the cafe. it's perfect."