𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘯... 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘀

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃: h2o - just add water

👑

ALEXA HAD BEEN INFORMED BY HER FRIENDS ABOUT A JUNIOR FILMMAKER COMPETITION WHERE EACH GROUP THAT WAS COMPETING MUST WORK TOGETHER TO PRODUCE A SHORT FILM. she would've agreed to help out but after all the drama that the group had gone through in the last few weeks, the rooney wanted time for herself to recover before the group find themselves in another predicament. she wanted to help out with the film with the group but they had reassured her that they had it covered. 

alexa was grateful that she was able to take time for herself to relax after everything that had happened. she had to remain strong at all times for her friends and play the role of the peacemaker whenever the group argued with one another. this was her chance to relax and not be the one who was constantly being relied on.

alexa was many things: a daughter, a princess, a friend, a student, a sister, a painter but most of all, she was the girl who held the group together. with her voice of reason, calming nature and wise words, she could easily hypnotise anyone in her path. that was what drew the group to her. she just knew what to say and how to comfort anyone.

but alexa didn't have that. she was that person where she'd be there for anyone in a heartbeat and she'd let the world burn if it meant that her loved ones were safe. if she was the rock holding everyone up, who would be holding her up? 

surely, she had her friends and family around her. but she never wanted to burden them with her problems. they were her problems and she didn't want to drag anyone into her problems.

she blamed herself for emma, cleo and rikki possessing the ability to transform into mermaids and their abilities over water. if she didn't leave her kingdom to stay at the gold coast, maybe they wouldn't have come across the moon pool on the day of the full moon which gave the three girls their powers and a metamorphosis whenever they made contact with water.

so to make up for what happened to the three girls, alexa vowed to be their blanket of security and guiding light. alexa had helped them with how to control and use their powers as well as timing them on how long they can stay underwater without going up to the water's surface for air.

sometimes, when you vow to be there for your friends at all costs, you lose yourself in the process. and it appeared that it had happened to alexa. 

instead of going to her usual spot down at the beach, alexa was at her secret spot where she'd normally leave her things before she went for a swim in her mermaid form. the secluded part of the beach was covered with palm trees to hide the princess in her spot. she was sat on a blanket that she had brought as she stared at the ocean which came in waves.

the rooney cherished the sound of the waves crashing the shore as well as the warm rays of the sun that caressed her skin.

for a while now, alexa had been on edge with the situations that her and the group would get involved in so this was the first time that alexa had actually felt at peace. it was if the whole world had vanished and it was just alexa all on her own.