𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯... 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲!

Start from the beginning

"you could've said something, cleo. i feel bad that i didn't get you anything for your birthday." alexa added with a hurt look on her face as herself, cleo and rikki made their way to sit down on a table that was set outside of the juicenet cafe.

meanwhile, emma walked over to set up table that wilfred was currently stood behind, "wilfred, wheat grass smoothies all round, please." she said to wilfred before she took a seat at the table in between cleo and alexa.

"coming right up." wilfred replied as he began working on the wheat grass smoothies for the four girls.

"thanks wilfred." alexa thanked the man with a grateful smile plastered on her face 

emma addressed the brunette sertori, "and you know what the best part is, i can come to your party this year."

cleo shrugged her shoulders, "well there's not gonna be a—" she began.

but the brunette sertori was cut off by rikki who questioned the gilbert curiously, "what's been stopping you?"

emma explained, "the past few years i've had a swimming competition but this year i'm ready to party."

"great. can we please change the subject now?" cleo questioned the three girls in a tired tone. she was tired of everyone making an enormous deal over her birthday when she didn't feel like celebrating this year.

alexa had remained silent throughout the conversation. she had been listening to the conversation but her attention was focused on cleo's facial expressions when emma was discussing cleo's annual birthday party. her facial expressions varied from annoyance to frustration. the further that emma went on about cleo's annual birthday party to alexa and rikki only continued to fuel the frustration inside of cleo.

alexa reached her hand out to grab cleo's so that she could give it a comforting squeeze. cleo sent the rooney a small yet thankful smile as she squeezed alexa's hand in return.

alexa was about to pull her hand back but cleo held it firmly between her two hands as a form of comfort. emma and rikki may had not noticed cleo's frustration regarding the topic of her annual birthday parties that her dad hosted for her but she was grateful that alexa noticed the small things that others tended to ignore. cleo would thank the angels in the sky that she had been blessed with the gift which came from a one-of-a-kind girl called alexa rooney.

"cleo's dad throws the best parties. he does the works. jumping castles, clowns, ponies. of course, we were just kids." emma told alexa and rikki who had never been to one of cleo's birthday parties. 

"what a guy." rikki commented, referring to don. he truly went above and beyond for his daughter's birthday and it truly showed how much love he had for cleo.

"i wish my dad went all out on my birthday. your dad just—" emma began.

but before emma could continue speaking, she had been cut off by a frustrated cleo, "look, there's not gonna be a party this year, so can we please just drop it?" she pleaded desperately to rikki and emma. she squeezed alexa's hand with a grateful smile on her face as the rooney was the only one who noticed that she was uncomfortable about the topic of her birthday parties being discussed before she abruptly stood up from her seat and walked off.

the three girls watched as cleo's retreating figure became a figure in the distance.

"what do you think is the matter with her?" emma questioned the two girls, completely unaware of the upset look that had appeared on cleo's face at the mention of her annual birthday party that her dad would throw for her.

before alexa could reply to the gilbert's question, rikki had spoken up instead and unintentionally stopping the rooney from what she was about to say, "i don't know. you mention her birthday party and she snaps."