Chapter 23

Hi there everyone, I am going to be working on this book over the weekend as much as possible so I hope I can get it done quickly, have a good day!

I hold Lizzy behind me as I look to see what the noise is. Melina's mom walks around the side of the house with gardening gloves and a sunhat on. "Oh my gosh it's been so long since I've seen you Jade! Is this the adorable Lizzy I've heard so much about?", she takes off her gloves and holds Lizzy's little hand. "It's been too long and yes this is my little Lizzy", I smile as Lizzy looks up at her and giggles. Melina's parents have always treated me as if I was their daughter and I've always enjoyed it due to the situation with my actual parents. "Mom were you really gardening at this time? Its like eight in the morning", Melina looks at her mom like she's crazy. Her mom frowns at her, "Early morning gardening is the best gardening so it's not hot out". Melina rolls her eyes and gives up. "So what are you guys doing here, I figured the Luna would be too busy to visit me", she dramatically lays her hand on her chest as if she's hurt. I giggle and shake my head, "I'm never too busy for you". "Jade and I are having a girl's day and I wanted to come double check that I got everything yesterday", we follow her into the house as she goes in and sits on the couch. I sit next to her and unhook Lizzy from her carrier, "Want to hold her?". "Absolutely!", I hand Lizzy to Melina's mom. "Hey Jade why don't you come help me look through my room while mom spends time with Lizzy", she winks at me so I know what she's doing. I nod and follow her to her room. We walk into her bathroom as she opens her bag and sits the two boxes of tests on the sink. "I got two digital tests and two regular tests, take one of each for now and if they're positive you'll take the other two", I nod and she leaves the room shutting the door behind her. I nervously take them and sit them on the sink before pressing my back against the wall and sliding down until my ass hits the floor. I reach up and open the door as Melina looks up from her bed. She walks in and sits next to me, "Did you look yet?". "No", I turn to look at her slowly. "Could you look first?", she smiles and nods. She stands up and bends over to read the tests as I scan her face for emotion. She bites her lip and narrows her eyes before hesitantly turning to me. "Soo do you want to be pregnant or?", she picks up the tests and holds them towards her. "Um I guess it would be nice I just wouldn't understand how. So, yes?", I narrow my eyes at her as I see a smile form on her face. She flips the tests around for me to see, the regular one has a plus symbol and the digital one says pregnant, my jaw practically drops to the floor as I look at them. "B-But how? I'm happy but this is crazy", I lean my head back against the wall. Melina tosses me the two tests I haven't taken, "Take those just incase it was a bad pack". I nod so she leaves the room closing the door behind her. I take them band sure enough, both are positive. I walk into the bedroom and hand them to Melina. "Definitely positive, congrats girl I am so happy for you", she happily hugs me. "Thank you but I don't know how to tell Damien. He's already been trying to adapt to being a dad and accepting the fact I may not be able to have pups and now I have to be like hey it turns out I can have pups and you're going to be a dad again", I sigh loudly and she nods knowing I'm right. She slips the tests into her bag before looking back to me. "Jade It's going to be okay, he'll be thrilled", she gives a reassuring smile before motioning for me to follow her back into the living room. I follow her out to see her mom still holding Lizzy as she giggles happily. Melina's mom looks up and notices us coming back in, "Hey girls, did you get everything?". Melina nods and sits next to her so I sit on the other side of her. She hands me Lizzy so I hold her in my arms and look down at her as she smiles. "She definitely missed her mommy", Melina's mom chuckles and gets up before walking into the kitchen. A few moments later she yells from the kitchen, "Do you girls want something to eat?". I look over to Melina as she shakes her head no. "No thank you, we're not hungry", I yell back just loud enough for her to hear without Lizzy becoming upset. I whisper to Melina, "What else are we doing today? I have to figure out how to tell Damien sometime soon". "I was thinking we could go out to dinner and tell everyone we're close to that they have to come. Then, you have the tests and a special baby outfit in a box and give it to him infront of everyone", I nod agreeing with her plan. "Then we better get going cuz we need to go grab a box and an outfit from the store", I put Lizzy in her carrier as Melina goes to the kitchen to tell her mom we're leaving. A minute or so later they both come back to the living room as I'm putting my shoes on. Melina's mom comes up to me smiling and gives me a hug before pulling away, "Good luck with Damien I'm sure he'll be ecstatic".