Chapter 25

About ten minutes pass before him and the waitress come in together. Melina looks over to him annoyed, "What took you so long?". He walks over and kisses her forehead then sits back down next to her, "Sorry baby I went to the bathroom before grabbing the waitress". I nod understandingly before giving the waitress my order. I don't order a salad this time, no this time I want a burger. I order a bacon cheeseburger with fries and honey mustard. Damien raises an eyebrow at me before smiling and shaking his head. Everyone else orders then the lady leaves the room. After about twenty minutes of random conversations, our food arrives and we all eat. When we're done we head to our vehicles this time I go with Damien, Liv and June. I bring Lizzy of course but Jackson and Melina go in her car back to the pack house. "So my big bro finally has to deal with a pregnant mate and I get to watch him suffer!", June laughs so hard she almost chokes. We all laugh at her and Damien rolls his eyes at the comment. I doubt I'll be bad to deal with though, right? When we get home Lizzy starts crying so I give her a bottle before putting her down for a nap. Everyone goes back to their rooms and Damien leaves to tend to some pack business. I lay on my bed scrolling through baby stuff on my phone for about an hour before Damien comes in and takes off his shirt exhaustedly. I look up from my phone and practically eye-rape him. He smiles and shakes his head before laying in bed behind me pulling me against his bare chest. "What are you up to?", he looks down at my phone as I scroll. "Online baby shopping, I don't have the energy to do that again while pregnant", we both laugh and he helps me pick out some gender-neutral things. We decide on a black crib and swing for this baby since we don't know the gender yet. We decide not to buy them yet since it is so soon and I need to schedule a doctor appointment first. I fall asleep in his arms comfortably.

One week later

I walk out of the bathroom breathing slowly trying not to get sick again. It has been a week since I found out I am pregnant and finally today is my doctor appointment. Damien mind links me that Lizzy is in the car and he's waiting for me at the front door. I quickly get dressed in a loose black dress and some black sandals. When I make it to the front door he smiles and takes my hand directing me to the car. Once we arrive at the doctors I put Lizzy in the stroller and throw the diaper bag on the bottom shelf of the stroller. Damien pushes it and holds my hand. After a few minutes of waiting the doctor calls my name and we head back to a ultrasound room. I explain everything to the doctor and he becomes extremely confused, "Luna this kind of thing just doesn't happen. I did my best to keep you able to have pups but it was a really slim chance like five percent if you're lucky. Plus pregnancy symptoms shouldn't appear until at least a week after the egg is fertilized which could take days itself and pregnancy tests shouldn't be able to detect it until a week or more later". "I know but it happened, you saw the tests those are clearly positive and they were no where near faint when I took them and I took two more since then and they're positive too. I need an ultrasound and your opinion on what could be happening", he nods and starts prepping for ultrasound. He starts and he stares at the screen in shock, "Doctor is there something wrong? Is my baby okay?'. Damien squeezes my hand tighter. "This can't be right. Your baby seems to be about 6 weeks old but you said you aren't even 2 weeks along yet", I look over at Damien and he looks shocked but also angry. "No that's impossible I was a virgin until we did it a week and a half ago. In fact 6 weeks ago I was here getting my uterus fixed, you would have seen if I was pregnant or sexually active and I wasn't", I whimper and Damien's anger replaces with more confusion. "I was here almost the whole time when she was in the hospital and I would have felt it, there's no way she could have slept with anyone. Maybe this is something to do with your abilities. You were able to shift faster maybe your baby is able to grow faster", the doctor agrees and schedules an appointment for next month as a follow up. During the drive home I turn to Damien, "This is like some kind of magic, I'm happy but it just doesn't seem real. I want to start doing some research and see if this has ever happened. Where's the closest library?". He looks over to me before smiling and looking back at the road, "There's one in the pack house I can show you where it is". I happily smile as I look out the window as the trees go by. I mind link June that we'll be a little longer than expected but we are in the pack house if she needs us. She volunteered to babysit Lizzy while I was at my appointment and I couldn't be happier to have help. Damien and I walk in hand in hand as we walk to the library. We enter and Damien waves to the lady behind the counter on the right side of the room, clearly the librarian. I walk to the history section and begin looking through the books. I grab a few books and turn to say something to Damien but notice he's gone.