Chapter 32

After awhile I am transferred to a new room with a small bassinet and a big bed. I'm helped off of my current bed by Damien and a few nurses as my stomach is still bloated from having the baby and I still have some slight pain. "Luna would you like to give Opal her first bath?", one of the nurses asks as she holds Opal for me. "Yes that would be perfect and am I allowed to dress her after?", the nurse nods happily at me as we walk to the counter. I bathe her with the help of the nurse before laying her in the bassinet. She starts to cry lightly and Damien tries to calm her as I grab the bag he brought. "Luna I can go get you some pacifiers for her if you'd like", I shake my head as I pull out the moon phase pacifier and show her it. She compliments it as I dig through the bag and find the beautiful floral outfit I got her. The outfit is white with blue flowers on everything with the words "The princess has arrived" on the romper. The outfit includes a romper, pants, a headband, mittens and a hat but it's summer so headband it is. I walk over to her and lift the pacifier to her lips as she puts it in her mouth and instantly relaxes. I dress her as Damien stares at her in awe. I pick her up into my arms and sit at the edge of the bed with her. Damien's phone starts to ring so he grabs it and lifts it to his ear, "Hey what's up?". A nurse comes in as I turn my attention to her, "Luna I would like to try something with you and your baby. It won't hurt either of you, come with me". I tell Damien I'll be back and I slowly follow the nurse with Opal in my arms. She leads me to the NICU as I look at her in confusion. She walks up to a crib with tubes and wires running out of it as I look down into it to see a newborn attached to a bunch of different things. "Jade we have to help", Athena sadly states and I nod in response, "He has heart failure, his body is too weak for the surgery and he's dying. I thought about what happened when you were delivering your baby and how you have abilities so what if your baby has healing abilities? Can you please just lay Opal next to him and see what happens, I hate to see pups die", we look down at the baby before looking down at Opal. I slowly lower her into the crib next to the other baby. She notices the other baby and her smile disappears slowly. She wiggles around before touching his arm lightly. Sure enough the green aura appears around them as Opal closes her eyes. After a few seconds she opens her eyes and so does the other baby. He starts crying and Opal looks up at me smiling with her pacifier covering some of it. I lift her from the crib as the nurse starts examining the other baby and removing his oxygen system. She smiles widely and calls for a doctor before hugging me from the side tightly but careful not to hurt Opal, "He's healed, thank you Luna the family will be so happy". I smile as she walks me back to my room. "The doctor said you'll be good to go home in the morning, I'm going to miss seeing you around here", the nurse looks over to me smiling as we make it to my room. "I'm sure I'll be back often for baby checkups with the girls", she nods and opens the door to my room as I go in. Damien was sitting at the edge of the bed doing something on his phone but quickly rushed to me when I came in. "Where were you? I missed you", he quickly wraps his arms around me. "I told you I'd be back, the nurse took us to the NICU", his eyes fill with worry. "Is something wrong with Opal?", I shake my head and place a kiss on his cheek. "How adorable our mate is, so much for a big scary Alpha", Athena giggles lightly. "The nurse was curious about the whole green aura and suddenly healed thing from when I had Opal. She brought us to a baby in really bad condition and wanted to see if Opal had healing abilities and if she could heal the baby. She healed a baby that was on it's death bed and couldn't even breathe on it's own. Damien, she has abilities like me", he calms but stands there emotionless for a few seconds. "What if she shifts early too? I know how painful it was to shift the first time, I couldn't imagine shifting early", he looks down at Opal as she happily wiggles in my arms. "She's strong, I know she'll be okay plus I'm sure she can heal herself too", I sit on the bed with her in my arms. Damien and I lay in bed for what feels like forever looking at our little girl. Her eyes close as she slowly drifts off. Damien takes her from me carefully and places her in her crib before quickly coming back to me and snuggling close to me, I smile and cuddle into him. "Melina is bringing Lizzy and some clean clothes for us in the morning, her and Jackson are staying in the room next to ours tonight so she can keep an eye on her", I smile and press my lips against his quickly. He deepens the kiss and growls lowly as I pull away. "I just had a pup, you can wait", I laugh and snuggle into his chest as he rubs my back. "This will never get old", Athena purrs lightly. I close my eyes and let sleep take over me.