Chapter 20

We all stare at her in shock as I motion for her to continue, "I'm from the Dark Moon Pack and I didn't mean to trespass on your territory but I had to. I'm Alpha Jordan's daughter but he kept me a secret. After I was born I never saw my mother again and my father said I was nothing but a mistake and that no one would love me. No one knows of my existence other than my parents, the Beta, and very few of the pack warriors. I was kept locked away in the cells since I was a child, people thought I was just a prisoner they kept around for shits and giggles. Two days ago they finally decided to get rid of me so when they brought the rest of the prisoners out to be executed, they took me with. I slipped out of the arms of one of the warriors and ran, I ran until I saw a person. She untied my hands and helped me. She ended up letting me move in with her and her mate until I could figure everything out. So I'm so sorry for coming into your territory and putting people in danger, he may come for me". We all just stare at her for a minute or two as she looks down nervously trying not to make eye contact with any of us. "We can't just leave her unprotected at her friend's house, she's in danger", Athena growls out lowly. I turn to Damien and mind link him, "She'll be more protected at the pack house. We need to go get her things and get her and June moved in. I don't care how much you dislike her because she's your sisters mate, she doesn't deserve what she's been through". He looks down and replies, "I know, I'm sorry I just didn't want anything to happen to my sister but it will if we don't get them protected". I turn to Liv and June smiling as best I can given the situation, "We'll go get your things from your friend's house and move you both into the pack house today. It just happens to be that my best friend is also moving in today so we'll just make it a whole day for moving. Us and our warriors will protect you like you are one of our own". She looks up and smiles, a real smile. June looks at me worryingly, "But if her father comes for her she would have to go with him since she's not a member of our pack yet". I turn to Damien, "Do you think we'll have time to do a ceremony today?". He looks between June and Liv before turning back to me, "We don't have to do a ceremony, we'll just skip it and do the initiation without a whole bunch of people". We all agree then eat our food. When we're done we pay and go back to the car. Liv sits in the backseat with June as we drive to the place where she's been staying. Once we get there she goes up and knocks on the door, after a minute someone opens the door and lets her in. We wait in the car since she said she only has a small bag of clothes and things that her friends bought her when she got here. A few minutes pass and she comes out with a drawstring bag on her back. We head back home to the pack house and take her to the room she'll be moving into. June grabs her stuff and brings it to their room. Damien and I help them unpack everything and bring them a few things from storage before heading to his office. We go through the new papers on his desk of daily reports and important news. A few minor trespasses on the border but nothing to worry about. I remember that one of those trespasses is Liv as I sift through a different pile of papers on his desk and find it. Part of the paper reads, "Bruised and bound girl enters the pack boarders on the East, she was chased but eventually lost in town not far from the border". I show the paper to Damien and he reads it before sighing and sitting it back on the pile. A knock on the door distracts us, Damien announces for the person to enter. Liv and June walk in and close the door behind them. "I'm ready when you guys are, the sooner this gets done the better", Liv looks between Damien and I. Damien smiles and stands up before walking to a bookcase in the room. He pulls out a black book with the moon phases on the front and begins flipping through the pages. After a minute or two of flipping through and reading he taps his finger on a page and looks up at Liv. "Okay so since you are from another pack and have Alpha blood we have to do this initiation", she nods so he walks over to a shelf and grabs a dagger off of it. I look at him as if he's lost his mind, "Woah Damien what the fuck are you doing?". "This is part of the initiation, her blood has to connect with the Alpha's to create the pack bond and have her officially join this pack", he walks over to Liv and holds out his hand before looking up to her. She hesitates and looks at June before holding her hand out to him. He slides the blade across his palm before doing the same to her's. They hold bloody hands as he reads a short saying from the book. They let go of eachothers hands and look down at them as a light blue light appears in the cut before healing it completely. June hugs Liv tightly, "Welcome to the pack baby". We begin cleaning up and putting things away before being interrupted by the sound of glass shattering.