After The Storm - 4

Hello everyone!

Surprise! Two updates in a row, I know I surprised myself. But I felt like this chapter had to be out. ASAP. And also I might go AWOL for a few days since I have some work. I wanted to clear something, I have no idea how divorce works or the intimate details behind it so whatever I wrote is just fiction and not based on real facts, not entirely anyway! So please don't take it too seriously and fight with me. Haha.

----------

It's been a week since she saw Murtasim and Meerab had a feeling that everything's going to change soon. He had been so shocked seeing Sana he couldn't have lied about his ignorance. She wondered what had gone wrong. Her bet would be on Haya. She never knew which lines not to cross. Meerab should have been more careful in handling Mariam's problem. She should have questioned what Haya was smug about and..and...she should have trusted Murtasim more. The old guilt and shame overwhelmed her. Her musings were interrupted when she heard the doorbell ring.

She opened the door and saw Murtasim standing there looking like he hadn't slept in days. She just looked at him silently. What was she supposed to do? She had gone all this time hating him for rejecting their daughter but after knowing he hadn't and it was a complicated conspiracy against her, she didn't know how to react.

The one thing she was certain was she didn't love him as she used to. The man she had fallen for was kind, caring and selfless in his feelings towards her and respected her, but she had lost him on that fateful day. He had genuinely scared her by the way he had reacted. She had felt his genuine hatred towards her. She had realized things then, will never be the same again.

Yes she had messed up in trusting Anas and not her husband, but she hadn't been the one who helped Mariam elope. But that had been the picture they painted of her. When the truth of who Anas was came out. God, even the memory hurt. She closed her eyes. They had blamed Meerab for helping Mariam elope. Though she had supported Mariam till then she had no idea about her decision to elope. 

Why would she suggest that? She knew what society labelled a girl who eloped as, she would never wish that on her worst enemy let alone someone she cared about as a sister. Also she knew the humiliation her family would go through. Then why the hell would they, her husband think she would support that.

She felt an ache in her heart when she remembered the betrayal she felt when he hadn't trusted her. If he had really loved her he wouldn't have thrown her out of his life believing his mother and Haya's accusations of her. That had been the last straw that broke her marriage.

He should have listened to her. He knew she was proud and arrogant and claimed to love her in spite of her flaws. He claimed to know her, but he had found it so easy to believe his family when they said she would do something so cheap. He had blamed her for putting her ego in front of her sister's safety and life. She closed her eyes trying to stop the pain before it overtook her.

If he had truly loved her, how come he found it so easy to live without her? She had begged him on her knees to trust her and give their marriage another chance when he had asked her to leave. She had told him she loved him and couldn't imagine her life without him. He hadn't cared. He hadn't even looked her way.

She had tried contacting him multiple times, but he never budged. Then she had found about her pregnancy. She knew the Murtasim she had fallen for, had yearned to have a child, so she had gone to tell him the happy news. But Maa Begum told her Murtasim didn't want their child.

She hadn't trusted her, her Murtasim would never do that, the man who took care of strangers' kids, no never. So she left him a message as he hadn't picked her calls. But... when she had gotten that fatal reply, it broke her completely. Did he hate her that much? Was he really going to refuse his own child because of her supposed mistakes? The thought had devasted her and as time went along, it gave her a new resolve. She couldn't forgive him for punishing her child because of her. That feeling of betrayal had helped her move on. Start a new life in Islamabad. With her Sana.