Chapter 6: Quid Pro Woe

No One's Pov.

Wednesday was sitting cris cross and holding a seance holding her necklace over a ouija board and a borad with the word "Goody" on it with candles burning around her with her indistinct whispering

"In case you're wondering, I don't hold séances very often. I can barely tolerate the living. Why would I want to commune with the dead?
But my mother told me Goody is the only one that can train me to control my psychic ability. The sooner I master that, the sooner I crack this case." Wednesday thought as her whispering continued.

Then door creaks, and the wind whistles. Meanwhile, the lid of Vlad's coffin opened, and Vlad sat up, and his eyes rolled back, but at Wednesday dorm, it was just Enid coming in as Wednesday let out an annoyed sigh.

Sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt your... Uh, do I even want to know?" Enid asked.

I was reaching into the black maw of death to contact a relative." Wednesday answered.

"Feels very on-brand for you. You have a relative named Goody?" Enid asked.

She was one of the original outcasts.
I've been attempting to summon her, but she seems to be ignoring my entreaties." Wednesday explained.

Oh, you thought about using one of my scented candles? The aroma of steak tartare is to die for." Enid asked.

Then the sound of a paper flutters under their door got their attention.

"Maybe Goody answered you after all." Enid said

"I doubt she communicates in magazine cutouts." Wednesday replied with reading the note saying that if she wanted answers, she would have to come to Crackstone's crypt at midnight and that is what Wednesday and Enid do the two roommates went to Crackstone's crypt arm with only their flashlights.Branches were snapping, and Enid's claws were clattering.

"You insisted on coming along. I was fine on my own." Wednesday said as she aimed her flashlight at the two statues and at the door, which was slightly open. "Seems like our wannabe Deep Throat is already here."

"Ew. What died?" Enid asked.

"Smells like childhood." Wednesday said

"I agree." A voice called out, and they aimed their flashlights at one of the statue they saw Vlad dressed in his normal attire with the exception of his sunglasses his eyes shine red by the light of the flashlight

"Oh God, Vlad, don't do that." Enid said, clearly terrified.

"Sorry, it's a habit, and God has no seat at my families table." Vlad replied.

"What are you doing here?" Wednesday asked.

"I got a letter saying to come here. I guess you have gotten one as well." Vlad answered.

"Yes, now come on." Wednesday replied.

"Second thoughts. Why don't I just stay out here? You know, as a lookout." Enid suggested.

Vlad and Wednesday enter the crypt while Wednesday shines the area with her flashlight.

"Enid?" Wednesday asked, then they heard a person cough.

"Whoever you are, show yourself." Vlad ordered as his claws came out.

"Try anything, and you'll lose limbs." Wednesday coldly added.

"Surprise!" They saw Enid and the Nightshades come behind the crypt holding a birthday cake that read Happy Birthday Wednesday as there were laughter

♪ Happy birthday to you ♪