☠︎twelve☎︎

Tate walked over to the blonde, "Kirby?" The woman turned around and smiled, "hey Tatum, it's been a while huh?" The two awkwardly embraced.
"You're a cop now?"

"FBI", "oh shit, nice"Tate didn't know Kirby too much but they talked a few times, mostly about 2011.

"You look nice, how old are you now?", "eighteen, I'm actually in college now"

"Kirby?" Sam came up from behind them,"hey sam" they hugged and Sam asked a few questions, "your the FBI?"

Kirby nodded in response, "you two know each other?" Detective Bailey asked, "we went to Woodsboro high together, I was a freshman when she was a senior."

"Look I'm not trying to get into fight over jurisdiction here, but I show you mine, ect"
A deputy handed a piece of evidence to Bailey.

"The killer left these at the crime scene, mask of Charlie Walker and Jill Roberts, both deceased" Tate looked and saw the mask, "ghost face killer of 2011..."

Tate noticed the pain in Kirby's eyes, eleven years later and it still hurts her thinking of her best friend stabbing her.

"Charlie Walker gavee this" she lifted her shirt and showed off a nasty scar.

"How did he even get this? Shouldn't it be locked up?" Tate snapped at no one in particular.

"It was a small town, not too much security unfortunately", " 'not to much security?' The dude who wore this mask broke into my home and slashed my arm when I was eight god dam years old! While he was taunting my dad over the phone"

She was pissed that someone got a hold of this but not surprised.
"I'm sorry that happened to you, but all we can do is track this guy down"

Bailey clearly did not care.

"Is this the mask he was wearing when he attacked you?" Kirby said, changing the subject.

"No" Tara replied, Tate put an arm around Tara comfortingly.
"So he's leaving them on purpose.. "

"Fuckin souvenirs", "so that is a student of the killers who came before, maybe he even thinks Sam is the next in a long line?"

Sam was tired and said, "cool, but we're getting out of town", no Offence, but did that work last time?", "you can come too Tate."

"Unfortunately that's not possible, you're each persons of interest in a double homicide, you can't leave the city."

"God dammit... " Tate whispered.

"Are you serious?" Tara stared blankly, "it's true, but if we work together-" she was cut off by Sam, "we're going."

Tara grabbed Tates hand and led her
out.

The moment they stepped outside the press was everywhere, and where the press is, so is Gale Weathers.

She considered looking for her mother but decided not to, but when she turned around the Carpenter sisters were long gone having gotten lost in the sea of blood thirsty reporters.

"Shit!" She cursed.

She saw them by the car but got pushed into a lady with a  microphone, "your Gale Weathers daughter correct?", "yeah so?"

"Can you give me a statement on if you think Sam Carpenter is guilty?" She rolled her eyes, "I'm not giving you shit" before she could leave she heard a remark, "keeping the story to yourself just like your lying bitchy mother... "

"Excuse me?" She turned around to look at the short woman.

"You seem a lot like her","you want a statement?" She winded up and punched the woman in the jaw.

"Theres my statement bitch!" She quickly ran off towards he girlfriend, who was talking to her mother.

"Mom! Hey!" She hugged her mom quick and stood next to Tara, "I just punched a woman in the face, oh shit can I get arrested for that!"

She noticed the tension between the three.

"We're leaving", "huh? Wait what the fuck is happening? Mom did you say something!"

"Honey I was just doing my job"
Gale defended herself, "and I punched her a little bit.. "

"Wait babe you punched my mom?"

She was ignored, "you said you wouldn't write about it!" Sam yelled, "oh come on, someone was going to write about it!"

"I heard you sold the movie rights" Tate stood helpless, what should she do? Who does she defend?

"It's all about true crime mini series now", "after all we went through together... What would Dewey think?"

"Sam!", Tate stared in surprise at Sam, Sam gave her a sorry look but glared at Gale.

"That's a low blow..." Didn't even yell, but Tate was ready to.

"It was your dumb book, you called me unstable! And a born killer!"

"Sam that was a shitty move I get it!  But we'll get no where yelling at each other!"

"Maybe so but babe, don't you think what she wrote has something to do with all this!?"

Tate couldn't think, her brain was going a million miles an hour with all this arguing between the most important people in her life.

As the two walked away Gale spoke, "I talked to Sidney" that made Sam turn back to face her.

"She's not coming is she?" Tate and Tara simultaneously asked.

"No, she sends her love but her and Mark are bringing the kids somewhere safe, she deserves her happy ending."

"That much we agree" she got in the car.

"Listen I wanna catch this killer as much as you do!"
"Maybe, or maybe your afraid without ghost face in your life you'll fade away... "

"Um mom, I'm going with them ok? Call  me if anything happens, I love you, I'm sorry about them" she got a squeeze from her mom, "love you too kid, go with your friends."

She got in the back of the taxi.

Tara looked at her but Tate faced the  window.

"Tate?" Tatum ignored Tara, she also ignored the tears in her brown eyes.

"Tatum? Babe look at me" she huffed and turned around.

"What" Tara was taken aback at the cold in her voice.

"I'm sorry, im sorry about what I said."

Sam looked around and closed the window in the taxi connecting the back and front, giving the two privacy.

"She's the only family I have left, my aunt died in the 90s, my grandma passed a few years ago and-" her Voice cracked, "you know the rest..."

Tara looked sadly at her girlfriend who was avoiding eye contact.
"I know you don't like her, I get it, she was a bitch but she's also my mom! and I love her."

"I don't wanna talk about it more, not here not now" she turned back to window, Tara gave up realizing she could only make it worse by pressing on.

A tear rolled down her cheek, her chest was heavy and she wanted to scream.

The comment on her dad was sticking and it hurt.

When they arrived at their destination she got out and walked straight to her friends, she took refuge between to Chad and Mindy.

"Hey" Mindy noticed Tates state and gave her a side hug, "wanna talk about it?" Tate took a breath, "I'm fine, nothing to talk about."

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR THREE DAYS .
I promise I will update much more frequently lol, next chapter is gonna be fun.

So TnT is a bit angsty right now, I'm horrible and writing romance but agnst is fun, good thing they go hand in hand, tell me what you want to see between the two.