☠︎︎five☏

Dewey was at a crime scene, someone claimed to have seen ghostface and Dewey wasn't taking any risks.

A bloody knife had been found at the scene, it most likely matched Vince Macher from last night.

He was talking to a deputy who was walking off when he heard a familiar pair of heels.

"Gale?" The woman in red walked over angrily, "a text Dewey!" She started hitting the man, "ow!", "Ghostface is back and you text me!"
She hit his arm and huffed, "ow that hurts!" He yelled like a child, "good!"

"You were on the air" he explained, "how do you know?" She asked still clearly frustrated, "I watched, you look good" he mentioned, "you still writing?"

She calmed down, "no time", "you were always happiest when you were writing... "

Dewey looked behind his ex wife a saw a camera crew, "couldn't resist a good story huh?" He asked unpleasantly, "oh shut up Dewey, I'm here because I was worried about you and out daughter who by the way, I'm getting food with later. And yeah I brought a team but my boss wanted me to cover this!"

Dewey still looked unimpressed, "but 90℅ I'm here for you!" She finished, "well I feel 90℅ better."

"Oh don't be so sensitive!" Gale called after her ex husband as he walked off, "since when did you care about my feelings, Gale?"

Gales scoffed, "especially in the past couple years, ya know I only hear from you about out daughter and thats only twice a year!"

Gale's eyes were sad, "don't pretend I'm the one who ended it Dewey!"
"No one is pretending Gale, I remember what happened" Gale looked Dewey up and down, "why aren't you in uniform?"

"I'm retired" Gales eyes saddened, "since when?", "since they asked me to.. "

Her eyes softened, "I had a great opportunity, you said you would try!", "I did!" She scoffed, "for two whole months!"

Now it was Dewey's turn to look sad, "the mornings aren't that hard because I can see you, pretend things are like how they used to be, until I remember I left in the night like a coward."

"You are a lot of things Dewey, but you have never been a coward! And why didn't you tell me this then! It would have meant something!"

"Gale you have to leave as soon as you can ok? Take Tate with you."
"You know I can't do that, she won't leave you behind."

A loud alarm went off, Dewey pulled out his phone, "shit, I need a cruiser and ambulance to the old bookstores parking lot!" He may not be sheriff anymore but the department still listend to him.

"What's happening? Dewey do not walk away from me!" She followed him into his car, "it's Tate" Gale needed no further explanation, "well drive!"

Dewey turned his sirens on and drove as fast as he could, he was horrified of what he would see.
"Theres the lot! Hurry Dewey!"

Gale was out of the car before is was off, "I see her car!" Dewey limped to her car to check, the door was hanging open, nothing appeared to be taken or broken.

"Dewey!" He turned to see Gale running towards the middle of the huge lot.
Gale noticed the ambulance pulling up next to her daughter, who layed on the ground.

"NO!" She threw herself next to Tatum and Tatums torso was red, it had spread from three spots around her side and shoulder.

"No no no no, hey baby I'm right here, it's mommy" she placed her hands on Tatums face.
"Oh my god..." Dewey stared blankly, tears filled his eyes as he remembered his little sister, he can't loose his daughter next.

"It's gonna be ok baby, your ok"
Dewey sat down next to Gale, he pressed down on the side wound until the paramedics could help.

"Mom... ", "hey! Hey look dads here too! Stay awake for me ok tate?"

The paramedics arrived and Gale reluctantly left Tatums side, "I'll ride in the car, Gale go with the ambulance!"

Dewey header back to car and wiped the tear off his cheek.

The ambulance arrived and sent Tatum into surgery.
"Name Tatum Riley-Weathers, 18 years old, three apparent stab wounds and possible concussion."

Gale sat down in the waiting room, Dewey was there too asking about Tatum already.

"Dewey, she's in surgery"

They sat in silence for a while, soon a doctor came in, "are you Ms Riley's parents?", "yes! Is she ok?" Dewey walked over, filled with anticipation.

"Yes, the knife missed her internal organs, she lot a lot of blood but she's going to be ok."

Gale sighed in relief, "when can we see her?" Gale asked, "now if you'd like, she's not gonna be awake but if you want you can just be with her."

They were led to Tatums room.
Tatum was out cold, she layed with a arm sling and bandages around her abdomen.

"I'll leave you three alone."
They sat down on either side of the bed, Gale held Tates hand and smiled, "she's like you, stabbed how many times and she's ok."

Dewey chuckled, "and based on the crime scene she fought back, like her mother... "

They don't talk to each other much, it was still incredibly awkward with the divorce.
"I have a call, Dewey I'll be back, when she wakes up call me, not text! Call" Gale left to answer the phone and Dewey picked his own up, "sorry kiddo, I'll be back later."

Tatum started waking up and she heard voices, "oh shut up dork, when you die you won't be laughing anymore!" Mindy?

She tried to sit up, "ow!" She layed back into the soft pillows, her eyes got used to the bright lights, "Tate thank god!"

Chad hugged Tatum tightly, "ow! Chad I was stabbed remember?" He let go, "sorry, I'm just stressed that a second friend has made me think they were dead."

Chad, Mindy, Liv and Wes sat in the room, "yeah dude, also did you really walk into a parking lot? Without anyone around after being called by the killer?" Mindy asked, "your gonna be disappointed in me so no, I did not."

They talked for a while until her parents came in, "Tater tot!" Her mom hugged her and smiled, "you are grounded until... Until forever!" Dewey joked, "ok dad, I won't argue it."

After a while the nurses told them all to leave, "actually, can I see another patient?" Tatum asked, "who are you wanting to see?"

"Tatum!" Tara was surprised to see her, "your ok!" Tatum laughed, "hehe, yeah, but now we both look like shit."

DONE sorry it took a while, also of you like the book please like the chapter, it really motivates me to write more.
The end it a bit rushed, im tired as hell
NOT EDITED