Nine

Friday's classes were going by rather quickly, the nerves within my stomach getting more present as the final group of students began to exit my classroom. Hermione shot a wink at me over her shoulder, clearly knowing of the date I had planned with Remus later in the evening. I smiled back at her, shaking my head and glancing between her and Ron with my eyebrows raised. Her face turned rather pink as she hurriedly left the classroom with Harry and Ron in tow closely behind her.

"Are you pulling a Minerva, Adeline?" I heard Remus say from the door way as I was rummaging through the papers on my desk.

"What ever do you mean, Remus?" I asked innocently with a smile across my face.

"You are trying to get Ron and Hermione to confess their feelings for one another, aren't you?"

"Would that be so bad? I mean, it is clear to everyone but the two of them that they have strong feelings for one another."

"You are something else, you know that?"

I shrugged as he began to walk closer to me, flowers once again hidden behind his back. I grinned as he handed me another bouquet of yellow daisies to replace the ones he had given me a few days prior.

"I saw that the old ones were beginning to die, so I thought I would replace them. Oh! And I brought you your favorite chocolate bar." Remus said as he pulled out chocolate from his pocket and handed it to me.

"Thank you, Remus. You are so very kind." I said as I took the flowers and chocolate, giving him a kiss on the cheek in the process.

"I would do anything to see that beautiful smile of yours, Adeline."

I blushed as I replaced the old flowers with the new ones and refilled the vase with fresh water. I glanced at the clock on the wall, seeing it was only a mere two hours before our planned night together, and a look of worry crossed my face.

"You know, you will be seeing me in two hours, and I haven't even begun to get ready yet. So, off with you. I will see you in your classroom at six." I said to him as I ushered him to the door, his soft laughs filling the air around us.

"I look forward to it, Adeline." He responded as I shut the classroom door and rushed to my attached bedroom to get ready.

I pulled out the beautiful blue dress that Minnie and I picked out together earlier in the week, sliding it on my body and stepping into the heels. I curled my blonde hair, painted my lips a bright red, and put on black mascara to make my blue eyes pop a little more. I grabbed my black shawl, pulling it over my shoulders before leaving and heading to Remus' classroom, the nerves in my stomach twisting it in knots as I raised my fist to knock lightly upon his door. I could hear his footsteps rushing to the door as I stood there, impatiently waiting. The door opened a crack, Remus' head poking out with a smile plastered across it.

"Close your eyes," Remus said to me.

"What? Why?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Just do it. Please?"

I giggled at him and closed my eyes, feeling his hands gently grab mine and lead me into the room. I heard the door shut and lock behind me, his hands on my waist, urging me forward.

"Can I open them now?" I asked with a laugh as we stopped walking.

"Yes."

I opened my eyes, seeing a table in the middle of his classroom with red roses in the middle, a bottle of wine sitting in a bucket of ice, and floating all around the room were orbs of white and red light. It was a beautiful sight to behold. And the awe must have been evident on my face as Remus walked in front of me with a bright smile.

"I thought you would like it," He said to me, his hands sliding down my arms until he intertwined our fingers.

 "It's beautiful, Remus," I muttered to him, looking him deeply in the eyes.

"Not as beautiful as you, love. You truly look radiant this evening."

I blushed deeply as Remus lifted one of my hands and placed a soft kiss on the back of my knuckles. I truly wished he would have kissed my lips instead of my hand, but I guess I could settle for now. 

As my thoughts ran through my mind, silently wishing for a kiss that was silently promised, Remus stepped closer to me and placed one of his hands on my waist.

"Adeline, may I kiss you?" He whispered.

"Please do, Remus," I answered him softly, closing my eyes in anticipation of his lips on mine. 

With a smile, Remus leaned in and pressed his soft lips firmly against mine. I could have sworn sparks flew around us as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me, moving my lips slowly to allow him access to my mouth he requested. I never wanted this moment, or this feeling, to end but he slowly pulled away from me and rested his forehead against mine with a soft sigh.

"I have been waiting to do that since the first day I met you," He whispered lovingly.

"I know the feeling," I replied, softly laughing.